In-Home Post-Surgery Recovery Care for Seniors in Richmond, VA and Surrounding Areas
Comfort care from Visiting Angels helps seniors throughout Richmond, Mechanicsville and surrounding areas in VA with recovery after surgery
Your senior loved one may very well need some sort of orthopedic surgery as they advance in age. Usually the routine is to send seniors to a rehabilitation center after surgery in order for them to recover, but this often interferes with their will for an independent life.
It’s more common, however, for elderly patients to be discharged directly home after most joint surgeries. According to one study from the Rothman Institute at the Thomas Jefferson University Medical School in Philadelphia, around 90 percent of elderly patients are discharged directly home. And while the time at home gives them a chance to recover at their own pace and comfort, it is still very likely that they will require some form of comfort care to be able to fully recover.
Visiting Angels has helped countless seniors throughout Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen and surrounding communities in Henrico and Hanover Counties recover from surgeries with professional home care services administered by our caregivers. The services we provide helps seniors live comfortable at home while recovering by helping with tasks they are unable to do physically or emotionally.
How Can Professional Home Care Services Help Seniors in the Richmond Area Recover?
The differentiating factor that separates Visiting Angels Richmond from other home care agencies is our commitment to developing personalized care plans for every senior in our care. Our caregivers are more than just sitters; they provide meaningful companionship, help seniors with everyday tasks while they recover and keep in regular contact with families. When you choose comfort care from Visiting Angels Richmond, you'll have peace of mind knowing your loved one has the support they need to recover from surgery in their own home.
Our care coordinators work with you and your senior loved one to develop a care plan that is custom-tailored to their needs and situation. We do all this with your loved one’s schedule and preferences in mind. By doing this, your loved one gets the care that they want in the manner in which they prefer.
Our professional caregivers help in many ways, including:
- Meal Preparation: When your senior loved one is recovering, our caregivers can help in meal preparation and making sure that they are getting the right nutritional values daily.
- Mobility Assistance: Our caregivers can help your loved one with moving around the house, and from room to room as needed so that their joints can properly recover.
- Bathing and Grooming Assistance: Our caregivers can help with all dressing, grooming and toileting needs.
- Housekeeping: Our caregivers are also there to help your loved one with light housekeeping chores as they recover from their surgery.
- Medication Reminders: Our caregivers can help with reminders for medication after surgery and making sure that they stick to their regimen.
- Fall Prevention: Seniors who are recovering from surgery may have limited mobility, which can make them prone to fall-related risks and injuries. Our fall prevention services help make a safe environment for elderly adults and helps them avoid potential hazards that could cause a fall.
For more information on how our comfort care services can help your senior loved one with post-surgery rehabilitation, please contact our Richmond, VA office today.
Serving communities in the Metro Richmond Area including Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Henrico & Hanover Counties
Visiting Angels RICHMOND, VIRGINIA4914 Radford Ave #211
Richmond, VA 23230