Specialized Memory Care for Seniors in Richmond, VA and Surrounding Areas
Seniors who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or another form of dementia need to receive professional care in order to remain safe and happy. However, contrary to popular belief, that care doesn’t have to be provided in a nursing home or an assisted living facility. In fact, seniors can receive high-quality care in their own home where they feel comfortable.
Visiting Angels provides quality in-home care assistance to seniors with dementia and other memory-related illnesses in Richmond, Mechanicsville and surrounding areas in Henrico and Hanover Counties. If your loved one has been diagnosed with a memory-related illness, rest assured that they will receive the level of care they need in order to remain active and maintain their independence.
How Can Memory Care from Visiting Angels Richmond Help My Loved One?
Unfortunately, seniors who have dementia suffer from memory loss and confusion caused by severe changes in the brain. They have difficulty concentrating and speaking and some types of dementia even lead to frightening hallucinations and disorientation. Seniors with this disease can feel depressed, confused and agitated, which is why they require extra care and support. Thankfully, Visiting Angels Richmond offers personalized and flexible home care assistance so our clients can receive they care they truly need. As your loved one’s disease progresses, we will make adjustments to their care plan.
If your loved one is suffering from Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, our home care assistance can help with:
- Meal Preparation: Our trained caregivers will make sure your loved one eats delicious and nutritious home-cooked meals.
- Mobility Assistance: If your loved one’s mobility has been impaired, our caregivers can help them move safely around their home.
- Assistance with Grooming and Dressing: Our caregivers can offer assistance with bathing, dressing, showering, grooming, toileting and more.
- Medication Reminders: If you are worried that your loved one won’t take their medications on time, we can help them stick to a regimen.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can provide assistance with light housekeeping that includes dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, laundry and more.
- Wandering Prevention: We will keep an eye on your parent and make sure they don’t wander off.
- Transportation: We will provide transportation whenever needed and help your parent run errands, go to the doctor or see their friends.
- Fall Prevention: In order to keep your loved one safe, we can fall-proof their home.
Rest assured that all of our dementia care providers are extensively trained to provide home care assistance to seniors with dementia.
Contact our Richmond, VA office today and learn more about our memory care services and ways we can help your loved one.
Serving communities in the Metro Richmond Area including Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Henrico & Hanover Counties
Visiting Angels RICHMOND, VIRGINIA4914 Radford Ave #211
Richmond, VA 23230