How To Get Started
Quality home care starts with an initial meeting where family and/or care recipient meet with one of the Visiting Angels Care Coordinators. Home care is a very personalized service and therefore you want someone to take the time to sit down with you and talk about specific needs. There is no charge for this visit as we believe it is an essential part of setting up the best care possible for your loved one. Scope of services (what we can and cannot do) are reviewed and, if needed, recommendation or suggestions are made to the family. Expectations of what to expect from our staff are also reviewed. A home care agency that immediately dispatches someone to your home without doing this initial home visit, is not an agency you wish to employ, even if you are in a hurry.
An "in home visit" includes a detailed review of care needed included requested schedule, specific requests of family or care recipient, and any other concerns. Often a family does not know their exact needs or has not decided on a schedule, but they simply want to talk to someone so they can understand what is available. That is okay. Home visits are also for consulting and we are happy to provide you with information to enable you to make the best decision possible. We do not "force" schedules although we do have a minimum hour visit and we explain why this is needed and improves the quality of the service.
A home visit is an excellent opportunity for us to get to know each other. If you are feeling overwhelmed, and do not even know what you want - that is okay! We can just talk it out and, if you wish, we can make recommendations of how your situation has been handled by others with similar needs. We have much experience, you may as well take advantage of that!
Usually the following is discussed at this meeting:
- Specific physical needs of the care recipient with regards to bathing and grooming, dressing, meals and diet, mobility, incontinence, schedules involving sleep, eating and medicine reminders.
- Specific emotional needs such as social interaction, activities, conversation, appointments, and companionship.
- Specific assistance with homemaking such as preparation of meals, groceries, linens, laundry and light housekeeping.
- Logistics of schedules, access to the home, documentation, and the details of how to work with scheduling changes, the office or the caregivers.
- If you would like to proceed with care at time, we would establish a schedule, finalize the care plan, schedule a nurse visit and coordinate a meeting with caregiver(s).
- Again, there is no charge for this visit.
Do you have more questions?
To ask us anything or for a free in home consultation, call 678.277.9930.
Our angels are standing by and ready to fly!
Serving Alpharetta, Milton, Woodstock, Canton and the Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels ALPHARETTA, GA11775 Northfall Ln #207
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.