Social Care at Home in Greater Augusta, GA
Visiting Angels' Social Care at Home Improves a Senior’s Social Health in Augusta, Evans, Martinez, and Nearby Cities
At Visiting Angels of Augusta, we believe in providing a compassionate, holistic approach to home care. Be it inside or outside of the home, rest assured that your loved one will get a truly personalized care plan. Our fully-tailored social care at home program also ensure families stay connected with the use of modern technology. Utilizing networking platforms like Facebook, FaceTime, and Skype, your senior will be able to engage socially online, remain active using popular platforms, and communicate easily with family and friends.
Recent Studies About Social Networking
A few recent studies have shown some interesting results about older adults and social networking. Did you know that:
- Seniors can decrease their depression, by approximately 20%, simply by surfing the internet?
- According to a University of Arizona study, older adults can improve their working memory with Facebook by as much as 25%? Their study, based specifically on Facebook, showed that elderly individuals were able to “update” mental skills using this platform.
- When older adults visit social networking platforms, such as WeChat, Instagram, or Facebook, they often have a positive emotional experience? Measuring pupil dilation, breathing, and brain stimulation, this study focused on the positive benefits of social networking.
Visiting Angels of Augusta's Social Care Program
Our social care at home program teaches older adults about using modern technology, the Internet, and various online platforms. We can help your loved one learn how to:
- Use a cell phone to make a call or send a text message.
- Send an e-mail, be it with their mobile phone or computer.
- Chat with family and friends using visual networking platforms like Skype, WeChat, or FaceTime.
- Interact with their loved ones on Facebook, including how to open an account, create a profile, and connect with family and friends.
- Use the Internet, such as how to log onto programs, use a search engine, and shop online.
Schedule Your Free, In-Home Assessment
Visiting Angels of Augusta is here to answer families' questions about our home care. For more information on our social care at home options in Augusta Evans, Martinez, Woodbridge, and the surrounding area, contact Visiting Angels of Augusta at 706-955-4220 today! Our staff will be happy to schedule a free, in-home assessment with one of our experienced care coordinators.
Serving Augusta, Evans, Martinez, GA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels AUGUSTA, GA119 Davis Road Suite #6B
Augusta, GA 30907