Transition Home with Professional Home Care from Visiting Angels Gastonia
Our Ready-Set-Go Home program provides professional home care solutions to help seniors in Gastonia, Kings Mountain, Cramerton, Belmont, Mount Holly, Shelby, and nearby areas in North Carolina return home from the hospital
Ready-Set-Go Home is a transitional care program offered by Visiting Angels Gastonia to help seniors adjust to living at home after a hospital stay. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, roughly 20 percent of discharged patients return to the hospital within 30 days. Elderly adults have a lower chance of recovery if they are re-hospitalized during this window. Therefore, reducing hospital readmissions is essential to maximize health and minimize expenses.
Visiting Angels Gastonia is committed to reducing hospital readmissions through our Ready-Set-Go Home program of professional home care services.
Most Senior Patients Need Aftercare
Most patients can avoid going back to the hospital by following their doctor’s orders. But after a serious injury or illness, even the most basic tasks can be difficult or impossible for elderly adults. In order for many seniors to follow their doctor’s instructions, they will need extensive outside support.
Our Ready-Set-Go Home program gives seniors this much-needed support, increasing the odds of recovery and reducing hospital readmission risks. We provide professional home care services in line with your doctor’s instructions. Our care plans are customized for every client, ensuring a tailored approach to satisfy their specific needs.
Three Steps to Reduce Hospital Readmissions
- At the Hospital: Our caregivers visit your loved one and provide support. During discharge, we guide your family through the process and provide valuable information in our “Ready-Set-Go-Home Discharge Planning Guide.” It includes questions for doctors and tips to reduce hospital readmissions.
- At the Client's Home: After your discharge, our caregivers provide professional home care services to ensure a safe and comfortable recovery. We act as the “eyes and ears” in observing the patient. Our caregivers can spot changes in your loved one’s physical or mental health. We help you avoid skipped doctor’s visits and missed medication. We help family caregivers manage these tasks and avoid overwhelm.
- At the Visiting Angels Gastonia Office: Our office staff can identify clients at high risk of readmission. They can provide appointment reminders, accompany your loved one to appointments and help you coordinate equipment and food deliveries.
What Professional Home Care Services Does Visiting Angels Gastonia Offer?
A unique care plan is created for every client, according to needs. Your loved one’s care plan can include:
- Monitoring medications and providing reminders
- Arranging pharmacy and special equipment deliveries
- Preparing healthy meals for special diets
- Escorting seniors to follow-up medical appointments
- Observing fluid intake to prevent dehydration
- Providing health updates to family and physicians
For more information about our Ready-Set-Go Home program, call our Cramerton, NC office at 704-469-4207.
Serving Gastonia, Cramerton, Kings Mountain, Shelby, Belmont and Surrounding Communities in Gaston and Cleveland Counties
Visiting Angels GASTONIA, NORTH CAROLINA102 Hidden Pastures Dr #202
Cramerton, NC 28032