Everything You Should Know About Adult Care (Non-Senior Home Care)
Visiting Angels is nationally renowned for its compassionate care that helps seniors age in place comfortably at home. However, services aren’t just limited to older adults over 65. Visiting Angels also serves individuals between the ages of 18 and 64 who require in-home personal care.
If your loved one has a condition that limits their ability to provide for themselves, Visiting Angels’ caregivers can provide companion care, personal care, and assistance with everyday tasks to help them live safe and comfortable at home.
What is Adult Care?
Adult care is non-medical personal care for individuals who are coping with a disability, injury, or illness, such as:
- Long-term or chronic health concerns related to multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, paraplegia, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Intellectual disabilities related to Down syndrome or other genetic conditions
- Short-term physical disabilities related to a surgery, accident, or illness
How Can Adult Care Help?
If you or a loved one are living with a disability, injury, or illness, Visiting Angels’ adult personal care can assist with various aspects of daily living, including:
- Mobility, ambulation, and transfers
- Dressing and grooming
- Hygiene, bathing, and toileting
- Light housekeeping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Companionship and socialization
Visiting Angels’ in-home personal care differs from in-home medical or rehabilitative care. Medical or rehabilitative care is provided by nurses, physical or occupational therapists, or other trained healthcare providers. If you believe your loved one needs home care nursing or rehabilitative care, reach out to their physician for more information.
Adults may also combine in-home personal care services with home nursing care to manage their medical and non-medical needs.
What Types of Care Arrangements Does Visiting Angels Offer?
Visiting Angels’ caregivers are available when your loved one needs them most — whether in the morning, overnight, on weekends, or during the day. We offer flexible care schedules that range from a few hours each week to 24/7 care.
No matter what arrangement you choose, a Visiting Angels’ care coordinator will collaborate with you to create a comprehensive home care plan for your loved one. The plan outlines the services and days/time to ensure you, your loved one, and the Visiting Angels team are on the same page.
What Are the Benefits of Adult In-Home Personal Care?
There are many advantages to adult in-home care, such as:
- Allowing your loved one to remain safe and comfortable at home
- Eliminating the need for your loved one to live in a congregate care setting, such as a rehabilitation facility, nursing home, or group home
- Providing companionship to prevent social isolation
- Making everyday living easier while still allowing your loved one to maintain maximum independence
- Providing family members with a break from caregiving duties to prevent caregiver burnout
- Flexibility to adjust your loved one’s care plan as their needs change over time
Free Home Care Consultation
If you think in-home care might be the right choice for your adult loved one, schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, home care consultation. A Visiting Angels care coordinator will meet with you and your loved one in their home to discuss specific care needs and provide information on why Visiting Angels is your best home care choice.