Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Angels of Largo, MD's Senior Care Services
Here Are the Most Pressing Senior Care Service Questions from Families in Largo, Upper Marlboro, Fort Washington, and Nearby Cities in Prince George's County
Q. What services do you provide?
A: We provide a wide range of senior care services, ensuring a caregiver for such services as personal care and companion care. Our services allow seniors to get the help they need to remain independent in their own home. Offering a means to live comfortably and with dignity, our home care services often include:
- Alzheimer's Care - specialized in-home memory care for seniors who are diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease, allowing them to stay where they are most comfortable
- Dementia Care - we assist seniors experiencing cognitive decline and allow them to retain their independence at home
- Fall Prevention - our caregivers are trained to keep seniors away from risky situations that could cause a costly fall
- Social Care - seniors who struggle to maintain relationships can receive help from our caregivers so they can stay connected to loved ones via texting, emailing, and video chatting
- Certified Palliative Care - our holistic approach to care that helps senior's look after their physical, emotional, social, and spiritual health
- End of Life Care - essential care and support to seniors who are diagnosed with a limited life expectancy
- Ready-Set-Go Home - transitional senior care services for seniors recovering from an illness or hospital stay
- Respite Care - we will step in when family members need to take a step back
- Personal Care - dignified assistance with personal tasks like bathing, toileting, dressing, and grooming
- Companion Care - our caregivers are companions at heart and are dedicated to helping their clients with daily tasks and activities to keep them independent at home for as long as possible
Q: What does the term "aging in place" mean?
A: Aging in place is a term used to describe how support from a caregivers enables elderly clients to remain in their home throughout their golden years, despite illness, health issues, or limited mobility. Although these senior care services are the opposite of institutionalized residential care, like a nursing home, we do offer these services with a caregiver even if you reside in an assisted living facility.
Q: Do you provide services in assisted living facilities?
A: Yes. Oftentimes, family members notice that the help their loved one gets in an assisted living facility is not enough to keep them independent. In these cases, Visiting Angels of Largo sends a skilled, qualified caregiver to provide on-site support in the nursing home.
Q: How quickly can home care services be provided/started?
A: Typically, it takes no more than 48 hours to begin senior care services, but in many cases, we can send help the same day.
Q: Can I change the schedule if I have appointments to keep?
A: Schedules can be changed with as little as one week’s notice. Our goal at Visiting Angels of Largo is to make the schedule work for the family, so they get assistance when they need it most. As such, we will always do our best to adapt to your preferences and to provide you with exactly what you need.
Q: How do I start home care services with Visiting Angels of Largo?
A: Contact our agency today to get started with care in Largo or the surrounding area. We can schedule a free assessment in the comfort of your own home to better evaluate your loved one’s care needs. If you decide you would like to start using our senior care services, then we will match your senior with a caregiver who has the personality, skills, and availability to help you. After meeting them and upon your approval, they’ll start working with your family.
Schedule Your Free, In-Home Assessment
Visiting Angels of Largo is happy to answer any questions you may have about our senior care services. If you have an aging loved one who is struggling to remain independent in Largo, Upper Marlboro, Fort Washington, or a nearby city in Prince George's County, we encourage you to contact us today!
Serving Largo, Upper Marlboro, Fort Washington, and Nearby Cities in Prince George's County
Visiting Angels LARGO, MD9701 Apollo Dr #300
Largo, MD 20774