Stress and Alzheimer’s Care in Oshkosh
If your parent or loved one in the Oshkosh, WI area has Alzheimer’s, it’s only natural to feel some stress about the care they need. This is especially true if you are attempting to care for your loved one all on your own. While you want to make sure your loved one receives the best possible care, it’s important to remember that you will not be able to provide this care if stress and exhaustion begin to affect your health and well-being.
We all need a helping hand sometimes, Visiting Angels® Oshkosh WI will help you provide better Alzheimer's care to your loved one in the Oshkosh area. Below, we’ve listed signs that may indicate you would benefit from a helping hand while caring for your loved one.
- Lack of Concentration. When your mind is so full making sure your loved one has the care they need, it can be easy to forget other commitments and responsibilities.
- Lack of Sleep. Providing Alzheimer's care to a loved one in the Oshkosh, WI area can leave you spending sleepless nights worrying about the care your loved one needs.
- Social Withdrawal. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's can seem all-consuming, making it difficult to prioritize other social commitments and relationships.
- An Increase in Health Problems. Stress, coupled with lack of sleep can exaggerate health issues, leaving you unable to provide the care your loved one needs.
- Irritability. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's requires compassion, commitment, and above all patience. If you find yourself irritable or losing your patience while caring for your loved one, it may be time to take a step back from providing care to recenter and reenergize.
How Alzheimer's Care from Visiting Angels Oshkosh WI Can Help
At Visiting Angels Oshkosh WI, we are dedicated to providing Alzheimer's care services that help our clients live safely and comfortably at home, while providing respite and support to family caregivers. Our flexible schedules and 24/7 availability means that you can schedule our services when you need them. At Visiting Angels Oshkosh WI, we can provide help a few hours a week all the way up to and including around-the-clock monitoring, ensuring your loved one has the care they need and you have the time to recharge and refresh.
Our Alzheimer’s care services at Visiting Angels Oshkosh WI start with a no-cost consultation in the comfort of your loved one’s home. Call our office today to get started.
Serving Winnebago County
Visiting Angels OSHKOSH, WI300 S Koeller St Suite G
Oshkosh, WI 54901