Transitional Care in Portland Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care in Portland
Hospital stays can be stressful, and those in the hospital often dream of returning home as soon as possible. If you’ve ever been in the hospital or have a loved one who was admitted for a hospital stay, you likely understand the importance of avoiding a hospital readmission. At Visiting Angels® Portland, our transitional care program aims to help seniors in the Portland area stay where they are most comfortable—in their own homes. Our transitional care providers support seniors throughout the Portland area, including Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, and the surrounding communities, in order to avoid a hospital readmission.
Understanding the Causes of Hospital Readmissions for Better Transitional Care
At Visiting Angels Portland, we try to better understand why hospital readmissions occur so that we can help prevent them through transitional care. There are numerous causes of readmission, including the following:
- Trouble with managing an illness in the home environment
- Exhaustion stemming from the disruption of a senior’s daily routines
- Disregard or misunderstanding of discharge instructions
- Mismanagement of medication schedules or dosages
- Problems following up with medical appointments
Our Transitional Care Program’s Three-Prong Approach
Our transitional care program at Visiting Angels Portland addresses these concerns through a three-prong approach. Here’s how we care for clients to avoid hospital readmission:
- We begin at the hospital. Upon request from the client, we will visit the hospital to collaborate with the hospital discharge planner and ensure a smooth transition. Our transitional care program at Visiting Angels Portland also includes a copy of our discharge planning guide, “Ready-Set-Go Home.” This guide helps educate our clients on the causes of readmissions and prepares them for the upcoming transition.
- We act as your “eyes and ears” at home. Our compassionate caregivers provide monitoring and support during this vital time, gathering information on the client’s medication schedules and follow-up appointments.
- We work behind the scenes. Our office staff in Portland keep track of clients who are at high risk for readmission using specialized tools and systems. With our team on your side, you can be sure that your loved one is receiving the best possible transitional care in the Portland area.
Contact us at Visiting Angels Portland today to learn more about our transitional care services and schedule a free care assessment for your loved one in Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, or the surrounding communities.
Serving Portland, West Portland, Southeast Portland, & Beaverton
Visiting Angels PORTLAND, OREGON2365 SW Cedar Hills Blvd
Portland, OR 97225