Ready-Set-Go Home: Transitional Home Health Care from Visiting Angels San Fernando Valley Helps Prevent Hospital Readmissions for Seniors in Reseda and Surrounding Areas
The Ready-Set-Go Home program from Visiting Angels helps seniors in Reseda, North Hollywood, San Fernando and surrounding areas in California safely return home from the hospital
When your loved one has had an extended stay at a local hospital due to an illness or surgery, you will of course be thrilled and excited when a discharge date is announced. While seniors often very much look forward to returning home, it does entail certain risks.
At Visiting Angels San Fernando Valley, we want your loved one’s homecoming to be a successful one. Our Ready-Set-Go Home program is designed to provide your family with ample support and transitional home health care services in the first weeks of in-home recovery.
Eliminating the Risk of a Second Hospitalization
When preventing hospital readmissions, there are several risk factors you need to be aware of. We are here to help you identify and combat these risks.
The most common reasons why 1 in every 5 older adults returns to the hospital within a month after the initial discharge include:
- Overall exhaustion caused by the hospital treatment or schedule. It can take a while for your parent to get back to their routine. Without adequate home health care and sufficient support, this can be difficult to achieve.
- The inability to completely follow through with doctor’s discharge instructions. Failing to take prescribed medications, adhere to recuperation recommendations, stick to the suggested diet, or get to scheduled follow-ups can seriously undermine one’s chances for a successful recovery.
- The inability to effectively manage an illness or a chronic condition while at the same time trying to recover from a prolonged hospital stay.
Our Unique Three-Pronged Approach to Transitional Home Health Care for Seniors in Reseda and Surrounding Areas
At Visiting Angels San Fernando Valley, we can assist your mom or dad during home recuperation and help eliminate the leading causes of hospital readmission. Thanks to our three-pronged approach to transitional care, we boast a high full-recovery rate. Here is how we do it:
- While your loved one is still in the hospital, we help with the discharge process by providing you with a copy of our discharge planning guide and meeting with a hospital coordinator to discuss the client’s needs. This practice ensures a simplified and smoother transition from hospital to home.
- Our trained experts can help you prepare your parent’s home for their return from the hospital. When your loved one arrives back, we provide ongoing monitoring and non-medical home care services designed to promote recuperation.
- Back at our local office, dedicated administrative personnel works behind the scenes to coordinate the deliveries of food, equipment, and medical supplies and handle other important tasks.
Call our local office in Reseda, CA today to learn more about our transitional home health care services and schedule your free consultation with Visiting Angels San Fernando Valley. We look forward to working with you!
Serving Reseda, Granada Hills, Porter Ranch, Sherman Oaks, North Hollywood and throughout the San Fernando Valley area
Visiting Angels SAN FERNANDO VALLEY17750 Sherman Way #310
Reseda, CA 91335
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.