Visiting Angels Provides Specialized Memory Care in Midlothian, VA and Surrounding Areas
With at-home senior care from Visiting Angels, aging adults with dementia in Midlothian, Richmond, Chesterfield and surrounding Virginia communities can get the support they need to manage their symptoms in the comfort and familiarity of home
When seniors are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or some other type of dementia, they usually need to receive professional care in order to ameliorate the symptoms of their specific condition and remain safe. Contrary to popular belief, this type of care is no longer confined to life in specialized memory care facilities – it can be provided right at home.
With the help of Visiting Angels Richmond VA, those struggling with cognitive decline can receive high-quality in-home memory care in Midlothian and the surrounding areas of Virginia and continue to live safely and comfortably in the familiar surroundings of their home for longer.
How Our Personalized At-Home Senior Care Services Can Help Older Adults with Memory-Related Illnesses in Midlothian and Surrounding Communities
Patients with mid and late dementia experience severe memory loss and confusion, which is caused by progressive cognitive deterioration. The condition is characterized by the loss of memory, language and speech impairments, poor judgment, and frequent changes in behavior, severely disrupting usual activities of daily living.
Because of the severity of the symptoms, seniors afflicted with the condition require high levels of care and support, which is best provided by a trained memory care expert following the instructions of a family caregiver.
Our specialized at-home senior care for those with memory-related illnesses includes but is not limited to:
- Light housekeeping – Dedicated caregivers will ensure your loved one’s home is clean and organized by performing a range of light homemaking tasks including vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, laundry and more.
- Meal preparation – In addition to housekeeping, we can also prepare healthy, warm meals for Mom or Dad and keep them company during mealtimes.
- Medication reminders – Forgetfulness is a common symptom in those with dementia, a symptom which can become a health hazard when seniors have to juggle multiple medications daily. To prevent this, our caregivers provide useful reminders and make sure medications are taken correctly.
- Mobility assistance – If your loved one is having mobility issues, we can help them move safely around the home.
- Personal care – This service comprises of dignified assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, incontinence and more.
- Wandering prevention – As wandering is a recurring safety hazard in seniors with dementia, our caregivers will make sure to monitor your Mom or Dad to prevent this issue.
- Transportation – A reliable caregiver from Visiting Angels Richmond VA can drive and accompany your parent to therapies, scheduled appointments with the physician, family visits or errands.
Reach out to our Midlothian, VA office today to learn more about how our professional at-home senior care services can be a huge asset when caring for a loved one with dementia. We look forward to hearing from you!
Serving Midlothian, Richmond, Chesterfield, Henrico and throughout the Southside neighborhoods of Brandermill, Bon Air, and Westhampton
Visiting Angels RICHMOND, VIRGINIA14321 Winter Breeze Dr #83
Midlothian, VA 23113