Boosting Immunity in Seniors with Professional Home Care Services from Visiting Angels San Diego
Learn how our professional home care providers are encouraging seniors in San Diego, CA and surrounding areas to stay healthy and maintain their immune system
Since adults 65+ and individuals with chronic health problems are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they need to take special measures to stay safe and keep their immune systems strong throughout the pandemic. Professional home care providers from Visiting Angels San Diego can ensure your loved one maintains a healthy, immunity-boosting routine during this crisis.
The Importance of Maintaining a Healthy Senior Care Routine in San Diego and Surrounding Areas
Here is what your loved one can do to build a healthy routine:
- Getting 7-9 hours of sleep – Your loved one needs to get plenty of sleep every night. If they are having trouble with falling asleep, a caregiver from Visiting Angels San Diego can help them get ready for bed and stick to a relaxing nighttime routine that works for them.
- Maintaining a healthy diet – Our professional home care providers can get groceries and prepare healthy foods for your loved one.
- Staying physically active – With our help, your loved one can perform low-impact exercises like stretching on a regular basis.
- Staying hydrated and following medication schedules – A caregiver from Visiting Angels San Diego can remind your loved one to drink a glass of water every couple of hours and provide medication reminders if needed as well.
- Washing your hands – In addition to various personal care services like assistance with bathing or dressing, our caregivers can help with proper hand-washing (at least 20 seconds, according to the CDC).
Reducing Stress to Improve Health
Many people are under a lot of stress or feel anxious or depressed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. While this is normal and understandable, your loved one needs to pay special attention to their mental health.
Here is how they can relax:
- Communicating with family & friends via Skype, FaceTime, Instagram and other social media platforms. If your loved one does not know how to use a specific program or platform, our caregivers can help through our specialized Social Care program.
- Taking regular breaks from the news is significant for maintaining good mental health. Instead of constantly thinking about coronavirus, your loved one should do something that makes them happy.
- Caring for physical health through sleep, exercise and diet. If your loved one smokes or occasionally drinks, they may wish to consider stopping now.
- Getting professional support – In addition to speaking with our professional home care providers, your loved one may wish to talk with a therapist.
Learn More About In-Home Senior Care from Visiting Angels San Diego Today
For more details on how senior care from Visiting Angels can help your loved one during the coronavirus pandemic, please contact our San Diego, CA office today.