Important Wellness Tips for Seniors in San Diego, CA and Surrounding Areas During the COVID-19 Crisis
Our in-home care services can help seniors in San Diego, CA and surrounding areas stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak
At Visiting Angels San Diego, we have always strived to maintain the health and safety of our clients. Now, during the COVID-19 crisis we are also at your services. During this outbreak keeping your loved one healthy is more important than ever. Through our senior care options, we can keep their wellness high and help them fight off the virus.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), coronavirus can be spread though person-to-person contact, through surfaces and through the air.
How Our In-Home Care Services Can Help Aging Adults in San Diego, CA and Surrounding Areas Fight Off COVID-19 By Keeping Their Wellness High
Here at Visiting Angels San Diego, it has always been our goal to ensure the independence, well-being, safety and happiness of our clients through our in-home senior care services. Our caregivers are trained to assist seniors with a variety of daily tasks, from laundry and meal preparation, to grocery shopping and transportation.
While following guidelines from CDC we have come up with care practices for maintaining a senior’s wellness:
- Know the symptoms: It is important to remember that fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain and confusion are the most common signs of COVID-19.
- Personal care: Maintaining good personal hygiene at this time is highly important, and our in-home care providers can help your loved one with bathing, grooming and other personal tasks.
- Practice social distancing: Since seniors are at high-risk they should avoid leaving their homes, especially during California’s shelter in place order. Our caregivers can go to the store instead of your loved one and help them stock up on essentials.
- Stay mindful: It is recommended to sneeze into the crook of the elbow or into a tissue.
- Maintain a clean home: Our caregivers can help your loved one with keeping their home clean and disinfected.
How Else Can Caregivers from Visiting Angels San Diego Keep Seniors Safe?
At Visiting Angels San Diego, we offer a wide variety of in-home senior care services to elderly adults in San Diego and surrounding areas. Our caregivers have the knowledge, skills and experience to assist older adults with various daily tasks such as transportation, meal planning and preparation, transferring and housekeeping. We also offer specialized care services such as Alzheimer’s and dementia care, fall prevention, end of life care, social care and more.
If you wish to learn more about our in-home care options, do not hesitate to contact our office in San Diego, CA today.