Important Wellness Tips for Seniors in Westerville, OH and Surrounding Areas During the COVID-19 Crisis
Our home care company is committed to helping seniors in Westerville, Gahanna, Worthington, Columbus and surrounding areas in Ohio safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. Here’s how we can help your loved one
Keeping our clients healthy and ensuring their safety and well-being has always been our goal here at Visiting Angels Westerville. However, making sure that older adults keep their wellness high is more important than ever due to the COVID-19 outbreak. At our home care company, we offer a variety of services all designed to increase the quality of life of our clients and help them remain strong and healthy.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), coronavirus can be spread through person-to-person through touch, sneezes, and coughs, through surfaces, as well as through the air.
How Our Home Care Company Helps Aging Adults in Westerville, OH and Surrounding Areas Fight Off COVID-19 By Keeping Their Wellness High
At Visiting Angels Westerville, we are focused on maintaining health, happiness and independence of the seniors in our care. We offer a wide range of senior care services, from meal preparation and planning, to light housekeeping.
In these hard times, we have also come up with these best practices for maintaining the well-being of older adults in Westerville and surrounding areas:
- Know the symptoms: Keep in mind that fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain and confusion are the symptoms of coronavirus.
- Personal care: Maintaining good personal hygiene is crucial during the outbreak. Our caregivers offer personal care services that include assistance with bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth, changing clothes and more.
- Practice social distancing: During the crisis, your senior should stay at home, especially during Ohio’s stay at home order. Our caregivers can run errands and go grocery shopping, so your parent doesn’t have to go out.
- Stay mindful: People should sneeze into the crook of the elbow or into a tissue.
- Maintain a clean home: We can make sure that every part of your loved one’s home is disinfected.
How Else Can Caregivers from Visiting Angels Westerville Keep Seniors Safe?
Apart from keeping your loved one healthy and independent, our home care company offers a wide range of in-home senior care services. Our care professionals are trained to provide assistance with transportation, transferring and meal preparation, as well as deliver Alzheimer’s and dementia care, fall prevention, end of life care, social care and more. We can create a customized care plan based on your parent’s needs, schedule and budget.
To learn more about our senior care services and ways we can help your aging loved one remain safe at home, contact our Westerville, OH office today and speak to our friendly staff members.