Visiting Angels services clients throughout Mercer County New Jersey including Allentown, Ewing, Hamilton, Hamilton Square, Hopewell, Lambertville, Lawrenceville, Pennington, Princeton, Princeton Junction, Robbinsville, Skillman, Titusville, Trenton, and surrounding areas. In Burlington County, our service area includes Beverly, Browns Mills, Bordentown, Burlington, Columbus, Cookstown, Delanco, Hainesport, Jobstown, Lumberton, Marlton, Medford, Moorestown, Mount Holly, Mount Laurel, Palmyra, Riverside, Riverton, Shamong, Willingboro, Wrightstown, and surrounding areas. We’ve assembled a variety senior topics and web resources for your convenience. Take a look!
- Alzheimer’s Awareness: Signs, symptoms, stages, products, sundown syndrome, research, and more.
- Benefits of Homecare: How to determine if home care is for you, what are ADLs, home care statistics, how to choose a home care provider, what are the different models of care, and more.
- Caring for and Living with Cancer: Cancer caregiver checklist, understanding a diagnosis, caring for a cancer patient, home care for cancer patients, and more.
- Coordinating Care for An Elder Loved One: Aging in place checklist, web-based care calendar, geriatric assessment and care management, long-term care services report, financial planning, and more.
- Depression: How To Tell If It’s Masking As Dementia: Ways to defeat depression, understanding the difference between depression and dementia, and more.
- Exercise and Activity Promotes Health: Benefits of exercise for older people, recommendations on exercise amounts, tips on how to exercise safely, chair exercises, and more.
- Family Caregivers Information: Reducing caregiver burnout, self-care for family caregivers, family caregiving statistics, surviving holiday stress, and more.
- Gadgets to Benefit Seniors and Caregivers: An extensive list of unique products and gadgets that benefit seniors and family caregivers.
- Heart Health Awareness and Resources: Blood pressure information, warning signs, statistics, FAQs, prevention, and more.
- Immunization Awareness: Staying healthy over 50, shingles vaccine, flu vaccine, other vaccines, myths, and more.
- In-Home Care: Protecting Yourself as a Consumer: choosing in-home care, how to choose a home care provider, differences between a home care agency and hiring independently, and more.
- Long Distance Caregiving: Assessing if your elder loved ones need extra care, how to prepare, facility vs. home care, and more.
- Nutrition for Seniors: Healthy meals for one, weight loss in older people, eating well while aging, and more.
- Options to Age at Home: Home safety, aging in place technology, personal emergency response system FAQs, universal design, reverse mortgage information, and more.
- Parkinson’s Disease: Fact sheet, signs, Parkinson’s disease and dementia, caring for someone with Parkinson’s, depression and Parkinson’s, and more.
- Resources to Assist the Sight Impaired: Tips for coping with vision loss, eye disorders, macular degeneration, glaucoma, low vision aids, cataracts, caregiver tips, vision myths, and more.
- Senior Resources in Mercer County, New Jersey: Local contact information for services in Mercer County including Meals on Wheels, transportation services, medical equipment, senior centers, legal services, and more.
- Senior Resources in Burlington County, New Jersey: Local contact information for services in Burlington County including Office on Aging, Meals on Wheels, transportation services, senior centers, legal services, hospitals, and more.
- Stress-Free Holidays: Caring for the Caregiver: Tips for coping with holiday stress, caregiving and the holidays, strategies for caregivers, Alzheimer’s-proof your holidays, avoiding family caregiver traps, and more.
Community Resource BulletinsOur Community Resource Bulletins feature relevant issues for seniors every month.
- January: Fighting Post-Holiday Depression
- February: American Heart Month
- March: Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- March: National Nutrition Month
- April: Cancer Control Month
- May: Older Americans Month
- June: National Safety Month
- July: UV Safety Month/Protect Older Adults from Sun & Heat
- August: Cataract/Vision Awareness Month
- September: Healthy Aging Month
- October: Long-Term Care Planning Month
- November: Alzheimer’s Awareness Month
- December: Stress-Free Holidays for Seniors and Family Caregivers
Serving Mercer & Burlington Counties in New Jersey
Visiting Angels MERCER & BURLINGTON COUNTIES, NJ140 Darrah Ln
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
200 Campbell Dr #105C
Willingboro NJ 08046
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.