Post-Surgery Recovery Care at Home for Seniors in East Bernard, TX and Surrounding Areas
With care at home from Visiting Angels, we help seniors throughout East Bernard, Wharton, Katy, Fulshear, Rosenberg, Columbus, La Grange and El Campo, TX safely recover home following a surgical procedure
Your loved one may need hip or knee replacement surgery as they get older. Typically, older adults go to a rehabilitation center after being discharged from the hospital in order to regain their physical strength. However, this can interfere with your loved one’s desire for independence.
It’s actually more common for seniors to return directly home following joint replacement surgery. About 90 percent of patients are discharged directly home. While recovering at home can allow your loved one to maintain their independence and follow their own schedule, they’ll still need some additional support around the house to make sure they’re happy, healthy, safe and comfortable.
Visiting Angels has helped many seniors throughout East Bernard, El Campo, Wharton, Katy, Fulshear and surrounding Texas communities recover from surgery with professional care at home. Our essential personal home care services not only help seniors with tasks that are difficult for them to do themselves while recovering, but they can also help your loved one stay safe as they recover from joint replacement surgery.
How Recovery Care at Home Helps Seniors in East Bernard and Surrounding Areas
What sets Visiting Angels East Bernard apart from other home care agencies in Southeast Central Texas is our commitment to creating personalized care plans. Our care coordinators will work with you and your loved one to determine the services they need, keeping your loved one’s schedule in mind. That way, your loved one will receive quality care at home when they need it most.
Our caregivers can help in so many ways, including:
- Meal Preparation: When your loved one is recovering, they may not be able to make their own meals. Our caregivers can prepare delicious and healthy meals so your loved one can get the nutrients they need to make recovery a little easier.
- Mobility Assistance: Getting around the house might be more of a challenge when your loved one is recovering from hip or knee replacement surgery. Our caregivers can help your loved one safely get from one room to another, get in and out of bed and more.
- Assistance with Bathing and Grooming: We can help your loved one get dressed, take a bath, go to the bathroom and more.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can sweep, dust, mop, vacuum and do laundry so your loved one doesn’t have to worry about taking care of the house while they recover.
- Medication Reminders: Our caregivers can help your loved one manage any medications they need to take after surgery. We can also help your loved one stick to their rehab and exercise regimen to speed up recovery.
- Transportation: If your loved one needs to go to the doctor’s office, rehab or even to the store to run errands, our caregivers will get them where they need to go.
- Companionship: We care for your loved one’s social needs as well as their physical needs. Our caregivers provide meaningful companionship and conversation so your loved one won’t feel lonely.
In addition, our Life Care Navigation includes specialized programs that can help your loved one recover at home. Our Fall Prevention Program can identify fall-related risks in your loved one’s home so they can stay safe. Also, our Ready – Set – Go Home program takes care of your loved one’s transition from the hospital to their home.
At Visiting Angels East Bernard, our caregivers are specially trained to follow strict hygiene protocols, including washing their hands and wearing gloves. That means your loved one will receive one-on-one care at home from a dedicated professional who is committed to helping your loved one stay safe and reduce their exposure to potential germs.
To learn more about how care at home can help your loved one recover from hip and knee replacement surgery, contact our East Bernard, TX office.
Serving East Bernard, Rosenberg, Wharton, Katy, Victoria, La Grange, Columbus, Fulshear, El Campo, and Surrounding Areas in Southeast Central Texas
Visiting Angels EAST BERNARD, TX704 Church St #A
East Bernard, TX 77435