Social Care Program
We here at Visiting Angels, located in Hoschton Georgia, understand that providing care requires a holistic approach. This holistic approach customizes care for the individual and includes care both in and out of the home. Our caregivers are well versed in modern technology and social media tools. The social care program helps families stay connected by using various social media platforms like Facebook, Skype, Face Time, Snap Chat and others to keep families connected and engaged.
Recent studies show:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20 percent.*
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 % improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation.**
Our Social Care Program Can Assist and Teach Seniors To:
- Use a cell phone - More than just making a call
- Send Text, send e-mail, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook account and interact with family and friends
- And Keep that page up to date
- Safely Log in, shop online or research information on a search engine
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Oakwood, Hoschton, Winder, Jefferson, Commerce, Gainesville & the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels HOSCHTON, GA165 Towne Center Pkwy
Hoschton, GA 30548