How Our Living Assistance Services Help Seniors in Jenkintown, PA and Surrounding Areas Return Home from the Hospital
Ready-Set-Go Home with Visiting Angels transitional living assistance services in Ambler, Abington, Jenkintown, Philadelphia, Hatboro, Horsham and the surrounding areas of Eastern Montgomery County, PA
After a hospitalization, the road to recovery isn’t always easy. That’s especially true for seniors, who can be at high-risk of complication after a hospital discharge. That’s why Visiting Angels Jenkintown offers transitional care services to seniors in the Eastern Montgomery County area. Our Ready-Set-Go-Home program gives seniors the living assistance services they need to recuperate from a recent injury, illness or surgery.
In addition to Abington and Jenkintown, our transitional care services are available to seniors throughout Eastern Montgomery County, including Lafayette Hill, Ambler, Horsham, Philadelphia, Hatboro and Lower Gwynedd.
Advantages to Hospital-to-home Living Assistance Services in Jenkintown and Surrounding Communities
The first month of recovery after a hospitalization is a crucial time for seniors, their families, and their caregivers. Medicare data shows that within 30 days of a hospital discharge, roughly 1 in 5 seniors will suffer from a complication that lands them back in the hospital. Many of these complications are avoidable.
Our transitional care services are designed to help lower the risk of re-hospitalization for seniors in Jenkintown, Hatboro, Horsham, Ambler, Philadelphia, Abington and surrounding communities throughout Eastern Montgomery County.
To do this, we create a care plan designed around your loved one’s specific recovery needs, offering services such as:
- Physical assistance with activities of daily living, including dressing, grooming and hygiene as needed.
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals, following any dietary recommendations offered by your loved one’s physician.
- Offering companionship during what is often a lonely and emotionally trying period.
- Monitoring your loved one for signs of complication and to help ensure they are following their recovery plan.
- Providing helpful reminders about important appointments and medication schedules.
Trusted Transitional Care Providers in Eastern Montgomery County
To assist seniors in their recovery from hospitalization, we take a three-pronged approach to post-discharge transitional care.
- At the hospital — Under certain conditions, we can offer care and support to the senior and his or her family during the hospital stay. During the discharge planning period, we take an active role, offering crucial information and guidance to the senior’s family. We also coordinate with doctors and/or nurses to ensure your loved one’s transitional care plan aligns with medical directives.
- At the client’s home — Once your loved one is back in the comfort of home, our Angels will provide the care, support and monitoring needed to aid your loved one through his or her recovery.
- At our office — At our Jenkintown office, staff track which transitional care recipients are at high risk for readmission, ensuring these individuals receive the added attention they need. We also work diligently with family members to coordinate care as needed.
Give Visiting Angels Jenkintown a call at (215) 938-7201 to learn about our transitional living assistance services for seniors in Eastern Montgomery County.
Serving Jenkintown, Abington, Huntingdon Valley, Glenside, Chestnut Hill, Flourtown and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels JENKINTOWN, PA1250 Greenwood Ave #1A
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.