Elder Care Services in Marietta, GA
Visiting Angels of Marietta Elder Care Services can Answer Any of Your Alzheimer's Care Questions
With an Alzheimer’s diagnosis comes a million different questions. You yearn to learn more about the disease and also provide excellent elder care services for your suffering loved one. These questions include:
- “What is Alzheimer’s?”
- “What are the symptoms of Alzheimer’s?”
- “What are my loved one’s options for Alzheimer’s care?”
On this page, you’ll have answers to the most frequently answered questions about Alzheimer’s and dementia in general, answered by the professionals at Visiting Angels of Marietta. This information will help you make the right choices for your family when it comes to choosing elder care services.
What is Alzheimer’s disease?
Alzheimer’s disease is a degenerative, progressive brain disorder that often leads to issues such as cognitive decline, memory loss, and behavioral changes.
Alzheimer’s is often considered a terminal condition, with the average life expectancy being 4 to 8 years after the initial diagnosis. Although, some individuals live anywhere from 15 to 20 years after the initial diagnosis.
What are the risk factors for Alzheimer’s?
The three biggest risk factors for Alzheimer’s are:
- Genetics: Those with a history of Alzheimer’s within the family are at a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s themselves.
- Advanced Age: The vast majority of those with Alzheimer’s are age 65 and older.
- Heart Health: Those with poor cardiovascular health will be at a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
What are the symptoms of Alzheimer’s?
There is a wide range of symptoms with Alzheimer’s disease.
The most prominent symptoms include:
- Uncommon struggles with day-to-day activities
- Confusing the names and identities of people
- Short-term and long-term memory loss
- Acting more irritability, irrationally, or depressed than usual
- Becoming confused about the time or place
What are my loved one’s options for Alzheimer’s care?
One of the options that you have is moving your loved one to an assisted living facility. Depending on the individual, this can be traumatic. Another option is hiring senior care services, for example, those offered by Visiting Angels of Marietta. Our care is personalized to cater to your loved one’s needs and wants. Choosing elder care services, like those offered by Visiting Angels, is choosing a better life for your loved one.
Learn more about our care services like Alzheimer’s care or contact us to request a free consultation.
Serving Marietta and Smyrna, GA
Visiting Angels MARIETTA, GEORGIA2470 Windy Hill Rd SE #300
Marietta, GA 30067