Ready-Set-Go Home: Transitional Care in Mentor Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care from Visiting Angels® Mentor helps seniors transition home after a hospital stay. Our caregivers know how important this transition is to a healthy recovery. Approximately 1 in 5 seniors on Medicare are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of a hospital discharge. Many of these cases are considered avoidable. At Visiting Angels Mentor, we take pride in providing seniors with the non-medical care and support they need to reduce the risk of a readmission.
Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care from Visiting Angels Mentor is available to seniors throughout northeast Ohio. In additional to Mentor, OH, our transitional care providers serve seniors in Concord Township, Eastlake, Mentor, Painesville, Timberlake, Wickliffe, Willoughby, and Willowick.
Benefits of Non-Medical Transitional Care
Non-medical transitional care from Visiting Angels Mentor offers a number of key benefits to seniors during recovery from an injury or illness. Many hospital readmissions are caused due to avoidable complications during this period. Seniors at this time are more susceptible to strain and injury. Without support, many seniors also struggle to follow or remember doctors’ orders, significantly increasing their risk of complications.
Some of the key ways that our transitional care providers assist seniors include:
- Providing physical assistance to seniors so they don’t strain themselves during recovery.
- Offering seniors the help in returning to regular eating and sleeping habits.
- Reminding seniors to take medications at scheduled times.
- Reminding seniors about follow-up appointments with doctors, nurses, and physiotherapists.
- Providing companionship and comfort at a time when many seniors experience loneliness and emotional distress.
Mentor’s Transitional Care Specialists
Visiting Angels Mentor brings a three-prong approach to post-discharge transitional care.
- At the hospital — If one of our clients is hospitalized, we can provide in-hospital care visits on request. When your loved one’s doctor begins planning for discharge, we will collaborate in the discharge planning process. This way, our caregivers will be equipped with all of the information they need to provide care for your loved one.
- At the client’s home — Once your loved one has transitioned home, our caregivers provide non-medical support to make life at home more livable. We also monitor the senior to watch out for signs and symptoms of potential complications.
- At our Mentor office — Our office staff work diligently to track the condition and risk factors for clients receiving transitional care. We can help you coordinate important support services that your loved one may need during his or her recovery.
Call Visiting Angels Mentor today to learn more about our transitional care services.
Serving Lake, Geauga, and Northeast Cuyahoga Counties, Ohio
Visiting Angels Northeast Ohio8451 Mentor Ave
Mentor, OH 44060
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.