Choose a caregiver job at an agency that is part of one of the country's leading home care brands for care professionals. At Visiting Angels® Southern Maryland, we're excited to be recruiting compassionate individuals who are ready to use their skills to support elderly adults through their daily routines. As we offer excellent compensation and flexibility for scheduling, you can enjoy maintaining a comfortable work-life balance while doing rewarding work that makes a positive contribution to your community.
As a caregiver, you will give seniors the helping hand they need to continue living life on their own terms. Your support will enable them to remain in the comfort of home rather than having to move to an external care facility. In addition, you'll give their loved ones respite from the work of caregiving and peace of mind that their loved one is safe and content at home.
We are not specifically recruiting candidates who have previous experience in the industry. Instead, we're focusing on selecting potential caregivers who have personal qualities like kindness, compassion, patience, and motivation. Through our experience, we've seen that individuals who meet these criteria are exceptional caregivers and are able to build lasting relationships with clients.
You can expect to perform a wide range of duties through your work as a caregiver. The caregiver job descriptions at our local agency in Southern Maryland often include:
- Helping seniors with toileting, grooming, and showering
- Keeping the home tidy and doing basic chores
- Cooking meals according to specific requirements
- Going to the grocery store or pharmacy
- Arranging transportation and running errands as needed
- Participating in the senior's favorite hobbies and initiating conversation
- Providing reminders about taking medication correctly
- Supervising seniors and monitoring their overall condition
Fill out the form below to learn more about our caregiver jobs in Southern Maryland, including nearby communities such as Accokeek, Brandywine, Bryans Road, La Plata, California, Chesapeake Beach, Lexington Park, and Waldorf.