Recovery In-Home Care for Seniors in Annapolis, MD and Nearby Areas
Orthopedic surgeries in senior years are not uncommon. In fact, most older adults eventually require knee, hip, or shoulder replacement. These procedures often result in a long recovery period during which seniors often require extra help with everyday tasks.
By providing in-home care for seniors in Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Millersville, Pasadena, Crownsville, Arnold and surrounding areas in Northern Anne Arundel County, MD, Visiting Angels Annapolis is able to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and help them make a full recovery.
Call 410-505-5141 to learn how our caregivers can help your loved one.
How Does In-Home Care for Seniors in Northern Anne Arundel County Help During the Discharge Process?
A study from the Rothman Institute shows that about 90 percent of patients go home directly after discharge. Although your loved one will feel more comfortable at home after surgery, they will most likely need care at home until they get back on their feet.
In-home care for seniors who are recovering from surgery can make the recovery process simpler and less stressful. By having a caregiver assist with everyday tasks that might be too physically strenuous for a senior recovering from surgery, seniors can decrease the likelihood of experiencing complications and having to go back to the hospital. A caregiver can also serve as a second pair of eyes and ears, keeping the client's family and healthcare team informed of any changes they notice in their behavior or overall well-being.
Why Choose In-Home Care for Seniors from Visiting Angels Annapolis?
At Visiting Angels Annapolis, we offer personalized in-home care for seniors tailored to the specific needs of our clients. For seniors who are recovering from a medical procedure, our goal is to provide the care at home they need in order to aid in the recovery process. Prior to starting care, we will get to know your loved one and develop a plan based on their unique abilities, limitations, and preferences while taking into account your parent’s schedule.
Our caregivers can help your loved one with:
- Meal Preparation – We will ensure that your parent receives their meals on time and that they get their daily nutritional intake during the recovery period
- Mobility Assistance – Our care experts will help your loved one move safely around the house and prevent falls from occurring
- Bathing and Grooming Help – Our caregivers are trained to provide assistance with dressing, bathing, toileting, and grooming needs
- Transportation – We will provide safe transportation to medical appointments and come back to you with doctor's ordered care plan
- Medication Reminders – If your loved one has been prescribed any medication to aid them in the recovery process, our caregivers can provide reminders during the appropriate time
- Overnight Monitoring – Our caregivers can assist your loved one at night and keep them company so they don't have trouble getting a good night's sleep
- Running Errands – Our caregivers can help with running errands that may be too difficult for your loved one to complete on their own
Getting Started with In-Home Care for Seniors from Visiting Angels Annapolis is Simple
If your loved one’s surgery has been scheduled and you believe they will need additional care at home after being discharged, contact our team and we will arrange a consultation with you and your loved one. During this meeting, we will learn about their situation so we can create a personalized care plan as well as a schedule for when a caregiver will come into the home. Of course, this schedule can be altered whenever needed, and more hours can be added if required.
To find out more about how in-home care for seniors from Visiting Angels Annapolis can help your parent with post-surgery rehabilitation, contact our Millersville, MD office today at 410-505-5141 or fill out our form.
Serving Northern Anne Arundel County in Maryland, including Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Millersville, Pasadena, Crownsville, Arnold and Severna Park
Visiting Angels ANNAPOLIS, MD8338 Veterans Hwy #103A
Millersville, MD 21108