Live-in Senior Care Services Allows Elder Adults to Age-in-Place
If it’s becoming increasingly difficult to care for an aging loved one—perhaps due to your work schedule, distance, or the strain dealing with the unique behavior challenges of Alzheimer’s disease/dementia—moving to an assisted living facility, a nursing home, or another senior residential living home aren’t the only care options available.
Could your older parents or other family members benefit from someone living in the home with them, providing companionship and assisting them with daily living activities? A personal care home health aide who is at their home 24 hours a day may be the perfect solution for you and your loved one.
Live-In Care—Who’s the ideal candidate?
Most seniors want to live at home as they age. Non-medical live-in elder care can help make that a reality. If you notice any of the following in your elder parents’ moods, actions, or behaviors, they may benefit from having a professional caregiver live with them 24/7 in their home.
- Having recently been hospitalized or coming out of a rehabilitation center
- Seeing more unexplained bruising—this may indicate that they have been falling or tripping
- Feeling isolated, depressed, or overwhelmed with caring for themselves
- Needing assistance with eating and drinking
- Wetting the bed or unable to go to the bathroom on their own
- Having difficulties bathing, getting dressed, and/or performing other routine personal hygiene care without assistance
- Increasing symptoms of dementia such as wandering, being confused, forgetting to take medications, and/or becoming agitated
- Having difficulties with mobility and/or agility due to chronic pain, stroke, or other issue
- Having a greater reliance on assistive equipment such as walkers, canes, stair lifts, etc.
Live-In Care—What are the benefits?
Being able to stay at home as one ages is the main benefit to having live-in senior care. Other benefits to having a live-in caregiver in the home 24/7 are:
- Decreased stress and anxiety for both the senior as well as their family
- Enhanced safety supervision
- Keep on a regular schedule, important for those with dementia
- Daily hygiene assistance—brushing teeth and hair, getting dressed, help going to the bathroom, bathing, etc.
- Medication reminders at appropriate times throughout the day
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating, if necessary
- Companionship and improved socialization with one-on-one attention
- Assistance with physical therapy or other exercises
- Support with duties such as housekeeping, laundry, and shopping
- Pet care assistance
Why Choose live-in care with Visiting Angels of Mercer & Burlington Counties?
- One-on-one care with your loved one; a senior living assistance facility can’t provide this type of targeted attention
- We are the experts in live-in care—Visiting Angels of Mercer & Burlington Counties is recognized for providing live-in service since 2008 throughout Central and South New Jersey
- Unlike other local home care agencies in the area, we have qualified live-in caregivers who have immediate availability
- Talk to our experts to learn what to expect with live-in care and how your loved would benefit
- Discounts and other benefits are available; Call us at 609-883-8188 to learn more, or send us a note on our contact us page.
Serving Mercer & Burlington Counties in New Jersey
Visiting Angels MERCER & BURLINGTON COUNTIES, NJ140 Darrah Ln
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
200 Campbell Dr #105C
Willingboro NJ 08046