Read Our Answers to Our Most Frequently Asked Questions Regarding At Home Care for the Elderly in Greater Lynchburg, VA
Visiting Angels Answers Your Most Pressing Questions About At Home Care for the Elderly in Lynchburg, Amherst, Campbell County, and Surrounding Areas
At Visiting Angels of Lynchburg, we regularly get many questions about our services that offer at home care for the elderly. Our agency understands how daunting it can be when trying to find the right care for an aging loved one. We hope this page answers some of the questions you may have.
What Is Aging in Place?
Many seniors nowadays are choosing to age in place throughout their golden years. Aging in place simply means to grow old in the comfort of one’s home. Seniors who choose to age in place often require assistance from caregivers to avoid relocation to a residential facility like a nursing home. At home care for the elderly can help seniors with daily tasks, personal care, mild housekeeping, transportation, and more.
What Kind of Services Does Visiting Angels of Lynchburg Offer?
At Visiting Angels of Lynchburg, we offer a variety of different services that are customizable to fit the needs of each individual client. Our specialized at home care for the elderly include:
- Alzheimer's Services - specialized care services for seniors struggling with the stages of Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Care - we offer assistance to seniors with cognitive decline to keep them independent at home for longer
- Fall Prevention - our caregivers are trained to the best practices of fall preventions to help seniors avoid dangerous accidents at home
- End of Life Care - essential support and companionship to families with aging loved ones diagnosed with a limited life expectancy
- Social Care - we help seniors stay connected to friends and family through texting, emailing, video chatting, and more
- Ready-Set-Go Home - our transitional care program that aims to help seniors recover from hospital stays and avoid hospital readmission
- Certified Palliative Care - our holistic approach to care in which we look after a senior's emotional, social, spiritual, and physical health
- Personal Care - we offer respectful and dignified assistance with personal tasks like bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Elderly Companion Care - our caregivers are companions at heart and provide assistance with daily tasks and activities
- Respite Care - we offer respite to family caregivers so they can focus on their own needs and well-being
When Can Care Begin?
Before care can start, we suggest you and your loved one set up a free, in-home consultation. One of our care coordinators will come to your loved one’s home to talk about scheduling, care requirements, personal care, and answer any questions you and your loved one might have. After this free, no-obligation consultation, care can generally begin within two days. However, in some cases, at home care for the elderly can begin on the same day as the consultation.
Can Visiting Angels of Lynchburg Provide Care to Seniors in Assisted Living?
Absolutely. Many families often find that assisted living facilities do not provide the assistance their loved one requires. When this is the case, we send a compassionate and professional caregiver to help your loved one stay independent in assisted living.
Can I Change the Care Schedule?
Changing the care schedule is easy, even if you already have appointments scheduled. We believe in making our schedule work for you, not the other way around. Just try let us know a week in advance if you must make a change to your loved one’s schedule.
How Can I Get Started?
Contact our office staff and ask about at home care for the elderly. We can set up a free, in-home consultation to answer any questions you may have. If you would like to work with us, we will help find a caregiver who has the skills and personality to match your loved one. To get started, click one of the buttons below.
Serving Lynchburg, Forest, Amherst, Campbell County, VA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels LYNCHBURG, VIRGINIA2900 Old Forest Rd Suite B
Lynchburg, VA 24501