Elder Care Services: Social Care in Raleigh, NC and the Surrounding Area
The Social Care program from Visiting Angels helps seniors in Raleigh, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas in NC use modern technology to stay connected with friends and family thanks to the elder care services provided by our dedicated caregivers
Visiting Angels of Raleigh knows that providing elder care services for your loved one requires a comprehensive approach. This approach entails care for the individual, both inside and outside of the home. By utilizing modern technology, our Social Care program helps families stay connected by using platforms like Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc., to remain active and engaged.
Many seniors in Raleigh and surrounding communities find it difficult to be socially active. Age-related issues can make it more challenging to spend time with friends and family. Being socially isolated can negatively impact a senior's health and overall well-being. That's why at Visiting Angels of Raleigh, we're committed to helping seniors use digital tools to stay in touch with the people they love. Our caregivers have the experience, patience, and dedication needed to help your loved one how to use modern tools like social media and smartphones so they can stay connected with friends, family, and other people in their life.
Recent studies show:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in seniors by 20 percent.*
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 percent improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation.**
Our Social Care Program Can Teach Seniors How To:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send e-mail, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook page/account and interact with family and friends
- Log in, shop online or research information on a search engine
Call Visiting Angels of Raleigh today at 919-694-4482 to learn more about our Social Care program and other in-home care services.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest, Fuquay-Varina and other Wake County, NC Communities
Visiting Angels RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA5700 Six Forks Rd #102
Raleigh, NC 27609