In-Home Dementia Care for Seniors with Cognitive Decline in Aiken, SC and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels Provides Dementia Care to Those Who Are Struggling with Early, Mid, and Late Stages of Dementia in Aiken, North Augusta, Graniteville, and Nearby Cities
Traveling with a Loved One Who Has Dementia
For seniors with dementia or Alzheimer's, even simple tasks can become impossible for them to complete. Traveling with a senior that has memory loss can pose its own particular set of challenges. It requires a lot of extra planning and care which, without dementia care, can be just too overwhelming. Your loved one’s caregiver can help you think it all through and map out a plan to help everything run smoothly.
Some things to bear in mind when traveling with a relative needing specialized memory care are:
- Phoning ahead to let your accommodations know if you have any special needs
Insuringyou bring along enough of their medications to last for the whole trip
- Having copies of important documents and emergency numbers within easy reach
- Trying as often as possible to choose destinations familiar to your loved one
- Leaving a detailed itinerary of your travel plans with emergency contacts back home
- Consulting with their doctor prior to the trip to see if they have any additional advice
Whether they're at home or on the road, making sure your loved one is getting the care they need is essential. At Visiting Angels of Aiken, we understand that dementia doesn't take days off, so we keep our caregivers available 365 days a year. We offer a range of scheduling choices including options for hourly, daily, weekly, and around the clock care so you can make sure that a care provider is there with your loved one, whenever they may need them.
How Our Care Can Help
Our dementia care services include:
- Wandering prevention and monitoring
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Mobility assistance and fall prevention
- Establishing health routines
- Ensuring they have a consistent caregiver who can build a long-lasting bond
- Meal planning & preparation
- Transportation to appointments
- Medication reminders
These are just a few services our caregivers can provide - each care plan is different and accommodates specific needs for each client.
Schedule Your FREE, In-Home Assessment
To learn more, call Visiting Angels of Aiken at 706-607-6528 today and schedule your free, in-home assessment with one of our care coordinators. They will be happy to go to your loved one's home and assess their environment, needs, and personality. Our coordinators will discuss important topics like cost, schedule, logistics, and more to start developing a care plan that is personalized around your loved one's lifestyle. We are also happy to go over any questions you may have about our dementia care or other in home care services.
Serving Aiken, North Augusta, Graniteville, Warrenville, Beech Island, SC, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels AIKEN, SC2218 Woodside Executive Ct,
Aiken, SC 29803