Senior Care in Aiken, SC
Visiting Angels Provides Personalized Senior Care in Aiken
Many seniors prefer to remain at home for as long as possible instead of moving into a senior care facility or nursing home. When seniors can remain in their homes, it allows them to maintain a sense of independence and comfort to be able to continue living their lives as they know it, with a little help from us. Visiting Angels of Aiken has been serving seniors in Aiken, SC for years, offering the best care available from our experienced caregivers.
Visiting Angels of Aiken offers customizable and flexible care to fit the unique lifestyle and interests of your loved one. Our senior care offerings are centralized around building long-lasting, positive relationships with our clients providing meaningful conversation, companionship, and the highest level of care possible. When you choose Visiting Angels of Aiken for your loved one, they are in capable and compassionate hands.
Our services include:
- Alzheimer's Care – specialized care for seniors struggling with Alzheimer’s Disease
- Dementia Care – we assist seniors with dementia to keep them independent at home
- Fall Prevention – our caregivers are trained to the best practices of fall prevention to help seniors avoid costly falls
- End of Life Care – essential care and support to families with aging loved ones diagnosed with a limited life expectancy
- Social Care – we can help seniors maintain relationships through texting, emailing, video chatting, and more
- Certified Palliative Care – we will look after a senior’s physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being
- Ready-Set-Go Home – transitional care to help recover from a hospital stay and avoid re-admission
- Companion Care – our caregivers are companions at heart and help with daily activities
- Personal Care – we can assist with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal tasks
- Respite Care – we provide respite to family caregivers
Care in Aiken
When your life is filled with rich, active, community-focused experiences, your health and wellness improve significantly. Our experienced senior care specialists recognize this and make an effort to incorporate this into their clients’ everyday lives. Aiken has no shortage of senior-friendly activities, there is something for everyone!
City of Aiken Senior Fun
The city of Aiken offers specialized recreation services just for seniors! Their Senior Fun program offers activities to promote healthy, active lifestyles while providing opportunities to socialize and connect with the community. Their senior-friendly activities include bingo, card clubs, Fit 4 Ever, line dancing, mahjong, senior basketball, SilverSneakers® Classic, SilverSneakers® Yoga, and Smith-Hazel Seniors Club.
Aiken Center for the Arts
Aiken Center for the Arts provides a wide variety of entertainment and experiences for all ages. They offer classes, online book clubs, and year-round art exhibits. They even offer a specialized program called Joy in the Journey for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. In this program, participants create paintings with a therapist to provide a rewarding experience that achieves whole-brain synchronization and sustained attentive focus. These activities stimulate the brain’s abilities, improving the quality of life for participants as well as creating joy in your loved one’s life.
Parks and Natural Areas
One of the main draws of Aiken, SC is its natural beauty. It has 14 parks and facilities for seniors to safely enjoy the outdoors on their terms. One of these areas is Carolina Bay Nature Reserve which offers foot trails, an observation deck, wildlife observation, and more.
Senior care can be a liberating experience for your loved one, improving their quality of life. Contact us or call Visiting Angels of Aiken at 706-607-6528 to learn more about how we can provide senior care to your loved one and help them to thrive and enjoy life.
Serving Aiken, North Augusta, Graniteville, Warrenville, Beech Island, SC, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels AIKEN, SC2218 Woodside Executive Ct,
Aiken, SC 29803