In Home Care Provider In Alameda, CA and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels of Alameda’s mission is simple and that is to bring quality improvement into the lives of people with Alzheimer’s and their family with our Alzheimer's In Home Care Providers.
Dealing with Alzheimer’s disease is an everyday reality of millions of individuals across the nation. It’s a fatal brain disease that affects different cognitive abilities including thinking and reasoning. The disease also causes a slow decline in memory. Being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s can be a shock not just for the individual dealing with the disease, but for the entire family of the individual as well. But, it’s important to know that there are steps that you and your loved one can take to make it through the diagnosis.
Being proactive is important when trying to treat Alzheimer’s disease. The sooner you witness the warning signs, the sooner your loved one gets diagnosed, and the sooner your loved one can receive care. Currently, there isn’t a cure for Alzheimer’s, but there are methods that our in home care providers offer and medications that your loved one can take in order to improve their quality of life.
Be sure to know these 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Confusion about time or place
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Difficulty completing tasks at home or at work
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships
- Decreased or poor judgment when making decisions
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood or personality
- New problems with words speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
It’s important to understand that Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of the aging process. A person might experience some of these warning signs over time at different degrees, but when someone has Alzheimer’s these symptoms get worse and more significant as time passes.
Here are a couple of steps that you should utilize if someone you love gets diagnosed with Alzheimer's:
- Educate yourself about the disease
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term care planning issues
- Employ cognitive stimulation
- Arrange respite and/or an in home care provider
- Build a support system
We assure you that our care services are customized to each client, depending on their routine, personality, and symptoms. If you or someone that you love has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. For more information on Alzheimer’s services or to explore your options for an in home care provider, call Visiting Angels Alameda at 510-269-2999.
Serving Alameda, Oakland, Piedmont, Berkeley and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels ALAMEDA, CA2447 Santa Clara Ave #300B
Alameda, CA 94501
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.