Boosting Social Wellness Through Personal Home Care Services in Broomfield, CO and Surrounding Areas
Through our Social Care program, we aim to help seniors in Broomfield, Westminster, Northglenn, CO and surrounding areas stay connected with loved ones by providing personal home care services
At Visiting Angels Broomfield, we are dedicated to helping local seniors make the most of their golden years by staying engaged and active as much as possible. Many age-related issues can make it difficult for seniors to go out and socialize, causing them to stay home and isolate themselves. Not staying socially engaged can lower your loved one's quality of life, as social interaction is important for older adults.
That is why we developed the Social Care program - our personal home care services specially designed to help seniors boost their social wellness through the use of digital technologies.
How Does Social Media Benefit Seniors?
Here are some interesting facts that illustrate the benefits of the internet and social media to senior well-being:
- According to the Phoenix Center based in Washington D.C., surfing the internet helps reduce depression is seniors by 20 percent.
- A recent study conducted at the University of Arizona showed an increase in mental “updating” skills by 25 percent in older adults who regularly used Facebook. This means being active on Facebook literally helped boost their working memory.
- The Journal of Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking showcased a study that found how seniors who use social media platforms such as Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation.
With this said, it is quite obvious how social media and the internet can improve your loved one’s quality of life. Now, let us see what Visiting Angels Broomfield can do to help.
How Our Social Care Program Helps Seniors in Broomfield and Nearby Areas Stay Connected
Our Social Care program is geared toward helping your senior loved one remain socially active and engaged while continuing to live in their preferred routine at home.
With the help of our dedicated caregivers, your mom or dad can learn how to:
- Use various devices such as computers, laptops, tablets and cell phones
- Text and send e-mails
- Log in, shop online or find entertainment
- Use Skype and/or FaceTime
- Create and manage a Facebook account to keep in touch with loved ones out of town
The best part about our Social Care program is that your loved one can lead a socially active lifestyle without leaving their home – which is ideal for those with mobility issues.
In addition to social care, our personal home care providers can help your mom or dad in other areas of daily living such as:
Contact Visiting Angels Broomfield today to learn more about our Social Care program and other personal home care services. We are available 24/7 to answer all your questions and schedule a free in-home consultation where our care directors will meet you in person and tailor a personalized care plan best suiting your loved one’s needs and routines.
Serving Broomfield, Westminster, Northglenn and the Northern Denver Suburbs
Visiting Angels BROOMFIELD, CO350 Interlocken Blvd #110
Broomfield, CO 80021