Home Assistance: Social Care Helps Seniors in Chattanooga, TN and the Surrounding Area Use Technology
Visiting Angels of Chattanooga provides quality home assistance for your loved ones and goes above and beyond to ensure they feel as comfortable as possible. Our social care program is designed to help families stay connected and engaged by using platforms like Facebook, Facetime, Zoom, etc., to help seniors communicate with their loved ones.
Call 423-401-6172 to learn about our home care services and how we can help your loved one feel safe and comfortable in their home.
Visiting Angels Provides Seniors With Home Assistance in Chattanooga, Dunlap, and the Surrounding Areas Connect With Family and Friends
Using new technology may be a difficult learning curve for some seniors. Still, it is an important skill that has been shown to yield enormous benefits both mentally and emotionally to those who can adjust:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20 percent.*
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 percent improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation.**
Visiting Angels Social Care Program Overview
The Visiting Angels' Social Care Program teaches seniors to:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send e-mail, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook page/account and interact with family and friends
- Log in, shop online, or research information on a search engine
If you think you or a loved one could benefit from this type of personalized home assistance care, please call our office.
Schedule your Free In-Home Assessment Today
Schedule your free in-home assessment today by contacting Visiting Angels of Chattanooga at 423-401-6172.
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Chattanooga and the Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels CHATTANOOGA, TN8115 E Brainerd Rd #20
Chattanooga, TN 37421