Social Care Program: How Companion Home Care Services from Visiting Angels Frankenmuth Helps Seniors Stay Connected
Through the Social Care program, caregivers from Visiting Angels provide companion home care services in order to help seniors in Frankenmuth, Saginaw, Bay City and surrounding areas in Michigan learn how to use digital tools to stay in touch with friends and family
Here at Visiting Angels Frankenmuth, we understand that senior care cannot begin and end at helping them take care of their day-to-day physical needs. A holistic approach is necessary to ensure an older adult is healthy, not only physically, but emotionally as well. That is why our companion home care services in Frankenmuth, Bay City, Saginaw and surrounding MI communities includes our Social Care program. We want to make sure your loved one feel fulfilled emotionally and socially by helping them learn how to use various digital tools.
Learn How Our Social Care Program Helps Older Adults in Frankenmuth and Surrounding Communities Stay Connected
A major aspect of our Social Care program is helping your loved one stay engaged and socially active through our companion home care services. During our time caring for seniors, and particularly recently, we have seen technology work wonders, changing the lives of so many seniors. Social networks have really helped many seniors keep up with family and generally stay in the loop with what is going on in their lives. Our caregivers can help your loved one take advantage of all technology has to offer. They can help your loved one use any number of platforms they would like, like Facebook, Instagram, Skype, FaceTime and just about any app they may like.
Here are some fun and surprising facts about social media use among seniors:
- Studies have shown that seniors who use the internet are 20 percent less depressed.*
- Older adults with Facebook profiles who actively use the social network can increase their working memory by as much as 25 percent, according to a University of Arizona study. This is incredible news for individuals worried about dementia and Alzheimer's Disease.
- Other studies have shown that older adults experience positive emotions, as measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation, when social networking.**
As part of our Social Care program, seniors can receive assistance from a caregiver with the following activities:
- Using a mobile phone for texting, emailing, and just about anything else
- Skyping or FaceTimeing
- Creating social media accounts and staying connected with family members and other loved ones
- Shopping or looking up things online
- And so much more
Help your senior loved one keep in touch with your family and their friends with our Social Care program and other companion home care services. Contact our Frankenmuth, MI office to learn more!
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving the Great Lakes Bay Region in Michigan, including Frankenmuth, Saginaw, Bay City and surrounding areas
Visiting Angels Frankenmuth, Michigan527 N Franklin St #C
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.