How to Keep Senior Wellness Up During COVID-19 in Kansas City, MO and Neighboring Communities with In-Home Care
As COVID-19 cases keep on increasing by the day, families are now more concerned than ever about their aging loved one’s health and safety. With how easily the virus spreads, it’s pertinent to know how it spreads, its symptoms, and how to prevent your loved ones from contracting it. First and foremost, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this disease can spread in multiple ways:
- Through Person-to-Person – the virus spreads easily and quickly between groups of people within six feet of one another.
- Through Surfaces – COVID-19 can last up to three days on hard surfaces like stainless steel and plastic.
- Through the Air – it can last for up to three hours in the air.
Our In-Home Care Agency Wants to Help Seniors Kansas City and Surrounding Areas Fight Off COVID-19 By Keeping Their Wellness High
Visiting Angels of Kansas City has one goal: keeping our elderly clients safe, happy, and healthy at home. Through our in-home care services, we can honor that goal through a wide range of care options like daily assistance and specialized care. We have implemented best practices following the CDC’s guidelines on how to care for our clients during this pandemic:
- Our caregivers will update family members of any health changes in their loved one, especially if they start showing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, etc.)
- We will assist your loved one in personal care duties like bathing, dressing, grooming, washing hands, and more.
- Our goal is to keep your loved one at home as much as possible during this time, so our aides are happy to run errands to the grocery store and pharmacy on their behalf.
- Home care providers will conduct light housekeeping services* like disinfecting high contact areas like counters, doorknobs, and handrails.
What Else Can Visiting Angels of Kansas City Do?
Visiting Angels of Kansas City can offer a wide range of in-home care services to your loved one to help keep them independent at home. This includes daily assistance with meal preparation, transportation to doctor’s appointments, mobility assistance, and medication reminders. We also offer specialized in-home care services like Social Care, Alzheimer’s Care, End of Life Care, and more.
Learn More Today
To learn more about how our in-home care can help your elderly loved one stay safe in Kansas City or the surrounding area, please contact Visiting Angels of Kansas City today. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and schedule a consultation to get to know your loved one’s needs, schedule, and budget.
*Light housekeeping is limited and does not include moving of any heavy objects, please contact our office to learn more.