Find Answers to Your Questions About Our Senior Home Care Services in Greater Kansas City, MO
Visiting Angels Answers Your Frequently Asked Questions About Our Senior Home Care in Kansas City, Lee's Summit, Liberty, and Nearby Cities
While researching senior home care, you might wonder what services are available and how the process works. At Visiting Angels of Kansas City, we provide top quality care for our local seniors and disabled adults. When you partner with us, your elderly loved one can remain at home, enjoying their independence and daily routine, while getting the personalized care they need. We understand it can be daunting to find the right type of care for your loved one, which is why we wanted to equip you with the best resources and answers possible. Please see below for our most frequently asked questions.
What Does It Mean to “Age in Place”?
Seniors who choose to “age in place” want to remain in their homes, rather than moving into a facility or retirement residence. Aging in place means remaining independent and maintaining their unique lifestyle while growing older. Seniors often want to stay in their familiar setting among the neighbors and friends they have grown to love. Visiting Angels of Kansas City’s senior home care enables clients to remain at home while getting help with daily tasks that may have become too difficult.
What Services Does Visiting Angels of Kansas City Provide?
Our agency offers a wide range of specialized senior home care services:
- Alzheimer's Care - specialized care to help seniors with Alzheimer's Disease maintain their independence and safety
- Dementia Care - we provide care for seniors living with dementia caused by Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, or other cognitive diseases
- Fall Prevention - our caregivers help seniors avoid dangerous and costly falls
- Social Care - we help seniors utilize modern technologies like email, search engines, and video chat programs to stay in touch with friends and family
- Certified Palliative Care - caring for a senior's physical, emotional, social, and spiritual health
- End of Life Care - we are there to help families with loved ones diagnosed with limited life expectancy
- Ready-Set-Go Home - we reduce the likelihood of hospital readmission by creating a transition plan to continue recovery at home
- Respite Care - we provide interim care to allow family caregivers a well-deserved break to relax and recharge
- Personal Care - our caregivers are happy to provide dignified assistance with personal tasks like bathing, toileting, dressing, and grooming
- Companion Care - we fulfill your loved one's needs for social interaction and emotional support
Do You Provide Care in Assisted Living and Nursing Facilities?
Sometimes our clients move into live-in facilities and realize that the care does not completely meet their needs, especially if the facility is at maximum capacity. A caregiver can be present around-the-clock or for just a few hours a day to provide supplemental personal care and attention.
Can I Change My Care Plan, Schedule, or Caregiver?
Yes! We will modify your care plan as needed when health conditions change. We will also work with schedule changes and caregiver change requests. While we do our best to find the perfect match for your loved one, if you believe the match is not quite right, you can request a different caregiver at any time, for any reason. We strive to be flexible and communicative, because our priority is to provide the best possible senior home care for your loved one.
When Can We Start?
Visiting Angels of Kansas City can typically begin providing services within 48 hours of the initial consultation. In some cases, services can start the same day.
If you are in Kansas City, Lee’s Summit, Liberty, or the surrounding area and want to learn more about our senior home care options, contact our office today by clicking one of the buttons below.
Serving Kansas City, MO and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels KANSAS CITY, MO7914 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114