How In-Home Senior Care Can Keep Elders in Greater York, PA Safe During the Coronavirus Outbreak
As cities, towns, and neighborhoods in the US continue to struggle with a pandemic, it's vital that family caregivers continue to protect the health and well-being of their elderly loved ones. The good news is that the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) continues to learn more about the Coronavirus daily. The most important thing they have learned that it will spread through communities quickly, resulting in severe illness and death.
- COVID-19 can be spread through the air from a cough or sneeze and can linger there for three hours.
- The Coronavirus lasts for multiple hours or days on surfaces like copper (up to three hours), cardboard (up to 24-hours), and plastic and stainless steel (up to three days).
- Person-to-person, especially people within six feet of one another is the most common cause
How Does Senior Care Help Prevent Elders from Contracting the Virus in York and the Surrounding Area?
As one of the leading providers of senior care in York and the surrounding area, Visiting Angels of York has one mission. Our mission is to provide the comprehensive senior care services our clients need to stay healthy, happy, and, most importantly, safe in their homes. We offer a wide selection of services that consider our clients' social, mental, spiritual, and physical needs very carefully.
Keep in mind that as the CDC releases updated information, we will update the services we provide for our clients.
These are among our top best practices put in place during the current pandemic:
- We provide light housekeeping services that include disinfecting any surface that could be potentially be harboring the virus. This includes countertops, floors, door handles, bathrooms, and many others.
- Providing personal care services, such as bathing, washing hands, grooming, and dressing.
- Ensuring family members are kept up to date on any changes in their loved one's health. This includes monitoring your loved one for symptoms of Coronavirus, including running a fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, and chest pain.
- Ensuring seniors can practice the recommended social distancing. We do this by letting them remain in their homes while our caregiver goes out and does the grocery shopping and picks up any prescriptions.
To learn more about our senior care services or COVID-19, contact Visiting Angels of York. Our agents will answer your questions and schedule a free in-home consultation with an elderly care advisor to discuss your loved ones' needs and create an elder care plan that meets them.