Boosting Immunity with Senior Care in the Chelsea, MA Area
In our home state of Massachusetts, COVID-19 has been taking over our local community. The elderly, in particular, are among those who are at the highest risk for developing serious complications from COVID-19. Chelsea families are focused on protecting their loved ones and keeping them healthy. In today’s article, the senior care professionals at Visiting Angels of Chelsea are here to provide research-backed tips for boosting immunity.
Maintaining a Healthy Routine is Very Important
A healthy daily routine is a key part of boosting your immunity. Visiting Angels of Chelsea recommends that you focus on:
- Eat healthy and well-balanced meals: Harvard Medical School states that eating a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables can boost your immunity. To help your loved one handle their diet, a Visiting Angels caregiver can prepare their meals and develop a meal plan. A senior caregiver can handle grocery runs as well, so your loved one can safely practice social distancing without having to worry about the essentials.
- Washing your hands: The CDC says that you should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. This action is even more important if you just sneezed, coughed, or blew your nose. In personal care, a caregiver from our senior care agency can help your loved one with tasks such as changing clothes, bathing, and washing hands.
- Exercising regularly: To boost immunity, seniors should be maintaining a routine exercise schedule.At Visiting Angels of Chelsea, one of our senior caregivers can help your loved one perform low-impact exercises that reduce pressure on the joints.
Stress-Reducing Tips for Chelsea Families
Reducing stress is one of the many ways to boost immunity. Especially with the COVID-19 pandemic, it can be difficult to get away from stress. At Visiting Angels of Chelsea, we’re here to help you relax through the following tips:
- Use technology to connect with faraway loved ones: Use video-calling apps such as Skype and Facetime to connect with friends and family. Visiting Angels of Chelsea has a social care program to help Chelsea seniors use technology and the internet to stay connected with the world around them.
- Make self-care a priority: Focus on activities that make you feel better both inside and out. For example, maintaining a healthy well-balanced diet or meditating can help your body feel its best.
- Take a break from the news: Although it may be tempting to stay plugged into a 24-hour news cycle, it can wreak havoc on your mental health. It’s best to minimize your news consumption and focus on another activity.
Would you like more information on how our services can help your loved one remain safe and comfortable at home? Call our offices at your earliest convenience; we would love to hear from you.