Home Care Solutions for Caring for Someone with Alzheimer’s in Pikesville, MD and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels Provides Home Care Solutions for Seniors with Alzheimer’s in Pikesville, Owings Mills, and Nearby Cities
Alzheimer’s disease affects as many as 5.1 million Americans across the nation. Even though currently there isn’t a cure for this fatal brain disease, there are treatments and home care solutions that can slow the progression and allow those with it to have a higher quality of life.
Do you believe that your loved one may have Alzheimer's? If so, you should get them to a physician as soon as possible. The sooner you bring in a doctor, the sooner they can get a diagnosis, and the sooner they can make a plan for Alzheimer’s care.
Be sure to know these 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s:
- Challenges in planning or solving problems:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Confusion about time or place
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home or work
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships:
- New problems with words in speaking or writing:
- Decreased or poor judgment when making decisions
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Changes in mood or personality
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
If someone that you care about has any of these symptoms, it’s important to get them evaluated by a physician. Many of these symptoms can be mistaken as a normal part of aging. Alzheimer’s is so much more than basic forgetfulness. Most people will experience a symptom or two in a varied way. But, for those with Alzheimer’s, the symptoms will gradually get worse and more frequent with time.
Once a diagnosis is made, it’s important to be proactive as you make decisions for your loved one’s care. If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, here are a couple of basic tips.
- Take care of financial, legal, and long-term care planning issues sooner rather than later.
- Educate yourself about the disease.
- Arrange for respite care and/or regular professional care
- Prioritize cognitive stimulation.
- Build a support system.
If you or someone you love may have Alzheimer’s, there are many home care solutions available. For more information or to explore senior care options, call Visiting Angels of Pikesville today at 410-517-7702.
Serving Pikesville, Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Glyndon, Mt. Washington, Finksburg, and Baltimore
Visiting Angels PIKESVILLE, MARYLAND10451 Mill Run Circle #400
Owings Mills, MD 21117