How to Get Started with Our Elder Care Services in Greater Vienna, VA
Caring for a loved one as they age is often one of the most difficult parts of adult life. As seniors gradually lose the ability to care for themselves family members often end up taking on the new role of part-time caregiver. Being a family caregiver is a tireless and exhausting job, and is often difficult for many of us to balance on top of our already hectic lives. Finding reliable elder care services can help relieve this stress and prevent burnout and exhaustion.
We Try to Make It as Easy as Possible to Get Started with Our Elder Care Services in Tysons, Vienna, Fairfax, and Surrounding Areas
At Visiting Angels of Vienna, our goal is to help seniors continue to age in place from the comfort of their own homes, no matter their condition. Many families consider assisted living facilities for their loved ones as their needs progress, but home care services are another great option to consider.
The First Step to Getting Started Is an In-Home Assessment
If you are considering home care for an aging loved one, Visiting Angels of Vienna requires an in-home assessment before elder care services can begin. Scheduling an assessment is as easy as calling our office and requesting a consultation at your earliest convenience.
It’s important to prepare for your assessment by gathering the following information:
- Make a list of your loved one’s conditions and reasons they need additional help at home
- Determine the most beneficial times a caregiver should be with your loved one – if you are unsure, we can help you figure this out
- Create a list of important contacts our agency should be aware of (power of attorney, doctors, hospice team, etc.)
- Your loved one’s favorite activities and pastimes
- Determine how you would like caregivers to enter your loved one’s home (garage code, key, etc.)
The Second Step Is Having the Assessment
Here is a brief overview of some other topics we will cover during your in-home assessment:
- Your loved one's physical limitations
- How a caregiver can assist with personal care tasks
- Established routines and daily habits
- Creating a flexible schedule of care visits
- Giving the caregiver home access
- Completing any necessary documentation
- Memory issues that are problematic for your loved one
- Favorite social activities and pastimes
Going over these topics will help us create the perfect senior care plan for your loved one so they get the most use out of our elder care services. We aim to partner with families and provide flexible and affordable care that can easily fit the needs of any family.
The Third Step Is Finding the Perfect Caregiver
Once a senior care plan is established, our staff will work on finding the perfect home care provider for your loved one. We will match your loved one with a provider who not only has the skill set and experience to care for their needs but also matches your loved one’s personality and lifestyle. We understand how important it is to have a good client/caregiver relationship and be able to trust the person providing elder care services. You can interview any caregiver we recommend and request a change anytime.
The Fourth Step Is Starting Care
Once a caregiver is selected, elder care services can begin! Care can typically begin within 24-48 hours of the in-home assessment – though times may vary depending on individual circumstances.
Schedule Your FREE, In-Home Assessment Today
If you have an aging loved one in Tysons, Vienna, Fairfax, or the surrounding area, we encourage you to contact Visiting Angels of Vienna today. We will be happy to schedule your free, in-home assessment at your earliest convenience to get your loved one started with our elder care services.
Reach out to Visiting Angels of Vienna today to learn more about how our senior care services can assist you and your family!
Serving Tysons, Vienna, Falls Church, Fairfax County, VA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels VIENNA, VA8221 Old Courthouse Rd #208
Vienna, VA 22182