Transitional Home Care Solutions for Hospital Discharges in Tysons, Vienna, VA, and Nearby Communities
Visiting Angels Explains Ready-Set-Go Home Care Solutions for Seniors in Vienna, Tysons, Fairfax, and Surrounding Areas
Ready-Set-Go Home is a transitional care program to help seniors adjust to living at home after a hospital stay. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, roughly twenty percent of discharged patients return to the hospital within thirty days. Elderly adults have a lower chance of recovery if they are re-hospitalized during this window. Therefore, reducing hospital readmissions is essential to maximize health benefits and minimize expenses. Visiting Angels of Vienna is committed to reducing hospital readmissions through our Ready-Set-Go Home care solutions.
Most Senior Patients Need Aftercare
Most patients can avoid going back to the hospital by following their doctor’s orders. But after a serious injury or illness, even the most basic tasks can be difficult or impossible for older adults. For many seniors to follow their doctor’s instructions, they will need extensive outside support.
Our Ready-Set-Go Home program gives seniors this much-needed support, increasing the odds of recovery and reducing hospital readmission risks. We provide home care solutions in accordance with medical directives and in conjunction with care provided by clients’ family and friends. Our services are customized for every client, ensuring a tailored approach to satisfy their specific needs.
Our Three-Step Approach Reduces Hospital Readmissions
- At the Hospital: Our caregivers will visit your loved one and provide support. During discharge, we guide your family through the process and provide valuable information in our “Ready-Set-Go-Home Discharge Planning Guide.” It includes questions for doctors and tips to reduce hospital readmissions.
- At the Client's Home: After discharge, our caregivers provide home care solutions to ensure a safe and comfortable recovery. We act as the “eyes and ears” in observing the patient. Our caregivers can spot changes in your loved one’s physical or mental health. We help you avoid skipped doctor’s visits and missed medication. We help family caregivers manage these tasks and avoid overwhelm.
- At the office: Each office can identify clients at high risk of readmission. Our staff can provide medication and appointment reminders. They can accompany your loved one to appointments and help you coordinate equipment and food deliveries.
Ready–Set–Go Home Transitional Care Services
A unique care plan is created for every client, according to their needs. Transitional care services can include:
- Monitoring medications and providing reminders
- Arranging pharmacy and special equipment deliveries
- Preparing healthy meals for special diets
- Escorting seniors to follow-up medical appointments
- Observing fluid intake to prevent dehydration
- Providing health updates to family and physicians
Schedule Your Free, In-Home Assessment Today
Do you have a loved one who will need home care following an upcoming hospital stay? If you are in Vienna, Tysons, Fairfax, or the surrounding area, contact Visiting Angels of Vienna today by clicking one of the buttons below to learn more about our Ready-Set-Go Home care solutions and to request a free consultation.
Serving Tysons, Vienna, Falls Church, Fairfax County, VA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels VIENNA, VIRGINIA8221 Old Courthouse Rd #208
Vienna, VA 22182