Social Care Program: How Our In-Home Caregivers Help Seniors in Carrollton, TX and Surrounding Areas Stay Connected
Visiting Angels knows that providing care for your loved one requires a holistic approach. This holistic approach entails care for the individual, both inside and outside of the home. By utilizing modern technology, our social care program helps families stay connected by using platforms like Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc., to remain active and engaged.
Recent studies show:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20 percent.*
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 percent improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites like Facebook have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation.**
Our Social Care Program Can Teach Seniors How To:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send e-mail, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook page/account and interact with family and friends
- Log in, shop online or research information on a search engine
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Coppell, North Branch and Surrounding Areas in Dallas County, TX
Visiting Angels CARROLLTON, TX3010 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #1200
Dallas, TX 75234