Parkinsons Care in Chelsea, MA and the Surrounding Area
If you have an elderly loved one who lives in the Chelsea, MA area that has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s, the caregivers from Visiting Angels of Chelsea, MA can help you understand the disease and its symptoms, as well as ensure your loved one is given the Parkinson’s care they need to stay safe and healthy.
Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder, meaning that it affects your loved one’s brain. The symptoms of this disease may be subtle to begin with, but over time Parkinson's can affect your loved one’s mobility and mental functioning.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
In order to get your loved one the right care, it’s important you understand the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Mobility Loss. Parkinson's may begin with a stiffness in the limbs and over time can lead to difficulty walking or standing.
- Tremors. Tremors are common in Parkinson’s patients. They may start on one side of their body and increase over time, making it difficult to perform daily tasks.
- Balance Problems. Parkinson’s can affect balance, making those with the disease more susceptible to falling.
- Non-Mobile Symptoms. In addition to mobility-related symptoms, depression, anxiety, trouble sleeping, a slowing of thoughts, and hallucinations and delusions are common as well.
How Parkinson’s Care Helps Seniors in Chelsea, Revere, and Nearby Cities
The symptoms of Parkinson's disease can cause a number of complications that can put your loved one at risk. With the right Parkinson’s care from Visiting Angels of Chelsea, MA, you can help your loved one in the Chelsea area live safely and comfortably as the disease progresses.
At Visiting Angels of Chelsea MA, we offer essential personal care that helps seniors in Everett, Somerville, Charlestown, and the surrounding areas age in place. Some of the services we offer include:
- Mobility assistance
- Light housekeeping
- Errand running and grocery shopping
- Bathing, dressing, and toileting help
- Transferring assistance
- Transportation to therapies and appointments
- Meal planning, preparation, and serving
- Positive companionship and emotional support
These services can be modified and combined to ensure your loved one has the comprehensive Parkinson’s care they need to maintain a high quality of life while remaining an involved member of the Chelsea area community.
Call to schedule a Free Consultation
Call 617-409-9039 to give your loved one care that will help them live safely and comfortably.
Serving Somerville, Charlestown, Chelsea, Everett, Revere, East Cambridge and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels Chelsea, MA
100 Everett Ave #4
Chelsea, MA 02150
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.