Long Term Care in Chelsea, MA and Surrounding Areas
Caring for a loved one can be difficult, especially when factors like work and distance come into play. With aging parents, needs often increase, and you can’t always be on-call and ready to help them.
Your first thought for helping your parent may be an assisted living facility or retirement home, but there are other options. Live-in and 24-hour care solutions can ensure a caregiver is available to address your loved one’s needs in the comfort of their own home.
Signs That It’s Time for Long Term Care
Some signs that point to the need for 24/7 home care include:
- Greater reliance on assistive equipment
- Increased signs of bruising, likely from falls or trips
- Wetting the bed or other “accidents” due to the inability to make it to the bathroom on their own
- A feeling of isolation or being overwhelming caring for themselves
- Assistance needed to eat or drink
- A recent move from a rehabilitation or hospital visit
- A move by family or friends who provided care
- Wandering around and away from home
- Confusion due to advancing dementia
- Decreased agility and/or mobility due to a stroke or chronic condition
Live-in or 24-hour care can serve as a temporary solution for seniors recovering from surgery or returning from rehab. It also gives family or friends a break and gives them peace of mind knowing your loved one is being cared for in the comfort of their own home.
Live-in and 24-hour care is paid by the client, but Medicaid can provide assistance in some situations depending on the physical and financial needs as well as the state of residence. Medicare Waiver Programs are also available for the elderly with special needs. Veteran and other long-term care insurances may assist with payments.
Long term care from Visiting Angels of Chelsea is available for a variety of services on an hourly, overnight, respite, and 24-hour care basis. Care plans can be customized to include personal care, hygiene, housekeeping, meal prep, transportation, medication reminders, and more. Visiting Angels also offers certified palliative care programs, and dementia and Alzheimer’s care.
For more information on long term care services from Visiting Angels of Chelsea give us a call at 617-409-9039.
Serving Somerville, Charlestown, Chelsea, Everett, Revere, East Cambridge and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels Chelsea, MA100 Everett Ave #4
Chelsea, MA 02150
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.