FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are your hours?
Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (24/7). You will always talk to a live person—someone who works in our office—not an answering service.
What kinds of help can you provide?
We can provide a variety of senior home care including:
- Personal Care (bathing, grooming, dressing, mobility & ambulation, medication management, and more)
- Companionship & Home Management Services (conversation, meal prep, transportation for appointments, shopping, and more)
- Comprehensive Care (Hands-on assistance with mobility & transfers, catheter & colostomy care, nebulizer & oxygen therapy, blood glucose, vitals, weight tracking & monitory, and more)
- Alzheimer's Care
- Dementia Care
- Hospice Assistance
- Around-the-clock (24 hour care)
- Respite Care (providing a break for family members who provide care)
Can our caregiver run errands or provide transportation for my loved one? Do you check caregivers’ driving records and proof of insurance?
Yes. We can provide transportation to and from appointments, run errands and shop. You may ask that the caregiver use their own vehicle for transportation or they may use a vehicle that you provide.
As part of our background check process, we run a motor vehicle report and verify the caregiver’s vehicle insurance coverage.
Can you help with medication management?
Yes. Our caregivers are qualified to help clients remember to take their medication(s) using the prescribed dosage and frequency. Medication is set up, reviewed, and scheduled by a Register Nurse following your doctor’s directions. All medication is tracked in a written log.
What does home care cost?
Cost for home care varies depending upon the need of your loved one. Care is charged at an hourly rate. There is a one-time charge for the intake assessment and care plan development. And there are charges for RN skilled visits, post-hospital visits, re-assessment visits, or client requested visits.
How am I billed for home care services? What are my payment options?
Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro bills for services every two weeks. Invoices are sent to the client or the client's representative. We can accept ACH (Automated Clearing House) payments from a checking or savings account, or you may pay by credit card. Pre-approval is required if you want to pay by check.
How quickly can I arrange home care?
We can begin an assessment for a new client within two hours of receiving your call to 651.653.0110.
What is the process to arrange home care?
Call 651.653.0110 to speak with one of our staff members. We answer calls 24/7!
What is the difference between the FREE in-home consultation and the initial assessment?
- During the FREE in-home consultation, our Client Care Manager (CCM) goes to the home (usually where care will be given) to meet with anyone who wants to be there to discuss what we do, how we do it, and answer any questions they might have around our services.
- The initial assessment is an in-home meeting with both a Registered Nurse RN and our Client Care Manager (CCM). During this meeting, we discuss the services to be provided and the frequency of services so that we can build a customized care plan. There is a fee for the initial assessment.
What qualifications do your caregivers hold?
Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro caregivers are Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) or Home Health Aides (HHA).
We provide 12 hours ongoing training for our caregivers annually and host four all-staff training events yearly. The State of Minnesota requires only eight hours of job related in-service training annually.
Do caregivers undergo background checks? Are they insured and bonded?
Yes. All of Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro caregivers are screened and undergo a background and criminal history check. All caregivers are insured and bonded. The background check is completed before a caregiver has access to a client’s residence or belongings.
How long has Visiting Angels been in business?
Visiting Angels is a national home care agency that has been in business since 1998. Our Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro local franchise has been in business since 2008.
Is Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro licensed?
Yes. Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro holds a comprehensive home care license issued by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
What geographical areas in the Twin Cities do you service?
We serve the Twin Cities East Metro including Afton, Centerville, Cottage Grove, Forest Lake, Hugo, Inver Grove Heights, Lake Elmo, Lino Lakes, Mahtomedi, Maplewood, Marine on St. Croix, North St. Paul, Oakdale, Oak Park Heights, St. Paul Park, Stillwater, White Bear Lake, Woodbury, and Wyoming, Minnesota. If your Minnesota city isn't listed, call us (651.653.0110)--we may still be able to help you.
Serving the Twin Cities Metro Area and surrounding communities
Visiting Angels East Metro St Paul2721 Upper Afton Rd E
Maplewood, MN 55119
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.