How We Assist
Updated 19 June 2018
We Help with Aging in Place Services
What is aging in place? It’s the term that describes most seniors’ desire to live at home for as long as possible. At Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro, our compassionate caregivers assist with the activities of daily living to make aging in place possible. We offer the one-on-one support seniors need to remain independent and live safely at home.
Some of the most common activities we help with include:
- Diet monitoring including planning for and preparing meals
- Light housekeeping including help with laundry, making beds and vacuuming
- Assistance with shopping, running errands and transportation to appointments or activities
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Reminders to take medications, drink fluids and eat regularly
- Going for walks, engaging in favorite activities and friendly companionship
- R.N. delegated tasks for chronic health conditions
Welcoming a caregiver into your loved one’s home and life can be difficult. Visiting Angels works to make this transition as easy as possible for you and your loved one. Our initial in home assessment includes a complimentary home safety and fall assessment. Aging in place services from Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro gives you a partner who can answer questions and help you find peace of mind.
What if my loved one doesn’t live in a private apartment or house?
Visiting Angels can provide services wherever home is, even if it’s in a hospital or hospice, or in an assisted living, memory care, or independent living community.
What Other Services Does Visiting Angels Provide?
Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro provides a wide range of at home senior care services. Our services accommodate needs including:
- Companion Care (socialization & home management)
- Personal Care (also called Private Duty Care)
- Palliative Care (physical, emotional, social, spiritual needs)
- Post-Hospital Stay Care (help with discharge & post-hospital follow-up care)
- Social Care (helping seniors use technology to stay connected)
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care (allows seniors to stay in comfortable, familiar surroundings safely)
- End of Life Care (providing comfort & care to those at the end of their life)
We Schedule Help to Meet Your Needs
From hourly visits to 24-hour care, a Visiting Angels Twin Cities East Metro caregiver can be there when you need them. Our caregivers meet the schedule and needs of your loved one--weekday, weekend, holiday, or overnight. Call 651.653.0110 to get started with your FREE consultation.
Serving the Twin Cities Metro Area and surrounding communities
Visiting Angels EAST METRO ST PAUL2721 Upper Afton Rd E
Maplewood, MN 55119
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.