Social Care at Home for Seniors in Joplin, MO and the Nearby Areas
At Visiting Angels of Joplin, we believe that caring for your senior loved one requires a holistic approach. Whether it’s inside or outside of the home, we ensure specialized, one-on-one senior care that’s personalized to your loved one’s needs.
Visiting Angels' Social Care at Home Programs Helps Aging Adults Stay Connected to Loved Ones in Joplin, Carthage, Neosho, and Nearby Cities
Thanks to our social care at home program, Visiting Angels of Joplin senior care providers utilize modern technology to help our clients stay connected to their families. Using popular platforms like FaceTime, Skype, and Facebook, seniors can remain active and engaged with an online presence.
Here are a few startling results of recent studies:
- Seniors can reduce depression by surfing the internet by as much as 20%.
- Elderly individuals who use Facebook can improve their mental skills by as much as 25%, according to a University of Arizona study. By gaining mental “updating” skills, seniors essentially improve their working memory while using this popular networking platform.
- Social networking sites have a positive emotional experience, according to another study that measured reactions in seniors while using platforms like Facebook, which was measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation.
What Does Our Social Care Program Teach Seniors?
Our social care at home can teach seniors modern technological skills, such as:
- How to use a cell phone.
- How to send a text message or an email.
- How to use messaging platforms like Skype or FaceTime that allow for video messaging.
- How to create a Facebook account and user page, as well as how to use Facebook to interact with family and friends online.
- How to log in to an internet provider, shop online, or research information on a search engine.
Stay Connected with Visiting Angels of Joplin
Do you have a senior loved one who wishes to communicate more often with family and friends? Are you a family member who would like to interact more with your loved one from afar? Then contact Visiting Angels of Joplin today at 417-781-1000 to find out how your loved one in Joplin, Carthage, Neosho, Webb City, or the surrounding area can benefit from our essential senior care services like our social care at home program.
Call us to learn more about how to keep your loved one connected with our care at home services!
Serving Joplin, Carthage, Neosho, Lamar, Monett, Mt. Vernon, MO and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels JOPLIN, MO1736 S Main St,
Joplin, MO 64804