Optimize Your Senior Care Assessment in Joplin, MO or the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels Offers Advice on How to Get the Most Out of Your Senior Care Assessment in Joplin, Carthage, Neosho, or Nearby City
Exploring senior care for your loved one can prompt a lot of questions. Issues such as cost, scheduling, services, and caregiver qualifications might by on your mind. An assessment is an opportunity to learn about our services, go over our qualifications, and answer any your questions about our care.
How to Get Started
To schedule your free, in-home assessment, simply call our office at 417-781-1000. Our staff will be happy to schedule an assessment within your loved one’s home at your earliest convenience. During this assessment, one of our care coordinators will get acquainted with you and your loved one to understand your specific needs, schedule, and budget. They will provide expert guidance to help you navigate the decision-making process. It is the first step to getting high-quality professional senior care.
How Should I Prepare?
Before your consultation, let your loved one know that you are considering hiring a professional in home care provider. The decision to hire professional care can be a sensitive, emotionally charged issue which may be met with objections. If your loved one resists the idea, listen to their concerns, but emphasize that their health and well-being are your top priorities.
Also, think about specific care needs:
- What time of day does he or she typically need assistance?
- What tasks are the most challenging?
- Is there a chronic illness such as Alzheimer’s disease that requires specific services?
- How much money is in your budget for in-home care?
It is a good idea to bring a list of questions to cover during the consultation.
What Topics Will We Discuss?
Our compassionate care coordinators are skilled at putting seniors and family caregivers at ease, especially regarding sensitive issues. The main goal is to match your needs with our senior care services. We will also cover scheduling preferences, how to best collaborate with our office, caregiver qualifications, oversight, and emergency procedures. Our in-home consultations also include complimentary home safety and fall-risk assessments.
Discussion topics might include:
- Personal Care: Assisting with meal planning and preparation; light housekeeping; errands and transportation to appointments; mobility assistance; medication reminders; and personal hygiene.
- Companion Care: Fulfilling your loved one's needs for social interaction and emotional support.
- Social Care: Helping your loved one utilize modern technologies like email, search engines, and video chat programs to stay in touch with friends and family.
- Memory Care: Providing care for seniors living with dementia caused by Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease. We assist with fall prevention, wandering prevention, and sundowner’s syndrome.
When Will Care Begin?
Your care coordinator will use information from your consultation to develop a comprehensive care plan tailored to your loved one’s unique needs. The plan will include a schedule and description of specific tasks that require caregiver assistance. Your care coordinator will then match your loved one with a compatible caregiver, whom you can interview to ensure they are a good fit. Caregivers typically begin providing senior care within 48 hours of the initial assessment. In some cases, services can start the same day.
Schedule Your Free, In-Home Assessment
If you have an aging loved one in Joplin, Carthage, Neosho, or the surrounding area, Visiting Angels of Joplin can help! To learn more about senior care, contact us at 417-781-1000 to schedule your free, in-home assessment.
Serving Joplin, Carthage, Neosho, Lamar, Monett, Mt. Vernon, MO and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels JOPLIN, MISSOURI1736 S Main St,
Joplin, MO 64804