Parkinson's Care at Home for Seniors in Raleigh, NC and the Surrounding Area
If you have a parent or loved one in Wake County, NC that has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, understanding the symptoms can help you ensure your loved one has the care they need to live a safe and healthy life.
Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder, which means it affects your loved one’s brain. While the symptoms of this disease may be subtle to begin with, over time, Parkinson's can affect your loved one’s mobility and mental functioning.
Parkinson’s care from Visiting Angels of Raleigh can help your loved one get the support they need right in their own home.
What Are Common Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease?
In order to get your loved one the right Parkinson’s care, it’s important you first understand the symptoms of the disease.
Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Mobility Loss. Parkinson's may begin with a stiffness in your loved one’s limbs and a change in your loved one’s gait. Over time, your loved one may experience difficulty walking and eventually lose their ability to walk or stand on their own.
- Tremors. Your loved one might experience a slight tremor on one side of their body. These tremors may increase over time, making it difficult for your loved one to perform tasks of daily living.
- Balance Problems. Parkinson’s can affect your loved one’s balance, making them more susceptible to falling.
- Non-Mobile Symptoms. In addition to mobility-related symptoms, your loved one might also experience depression, anxiety, trouble sleeping, a slowing of thoughts, and hallucinations and delusions.
How Parkinson’s Care from Visiting Angels of Raleigh Can Help Your Loved One
The symptoms of Parkinson's disease can cause a number of complications that can put your loved one at risk. With the right Parkinson’s care, however, you can help your loved one in the Raleigh area live safely and comfortably as the disease progresses.
At Visiting Angels of Raleigh, we offer essential personal home care services that help seniors in Wake Forest, Cary, Fuquay Varina, and the surrounding areas in North Carolina age in place while managing symptoms of Parkinson's.
Some of the in-home care services we offer for seniors living with Parkinson's include:
- Mobility assistance
- Light housekeeping
- Errand running and grocery shopping
- Bathing, dressing, and toileting help
- Transferring assistance
- Transportation to therapies and appointments
- Meal planning, preparation, and serving
- Positive companionship and emotional support
These services can be modified and combined to ensure your loved one has the comprehensive in-home care they need to maintain a high quality of life.
Call 919-694-4482 to learn how Parkinson's care from Visiting Angels of Raleigh can help your loved one live safely and comfortably.
Serving Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest, Fuquay-Varina and other Wake County, NC Communities
Visiting Angels RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA5700 Six Forks Rd #102
Raleigh, NC 27609