Social Home Care in New Hampshire
Visiting Angels of Auburn Teaches Technology and Social Media as Part of Our Home Care in New Hampshire
At Visiting Angels of Auburn, we know that providing your loved one with superior in home care in New Hampshire must take an all-inclusive approach. To us, this approach means providing quality care inside and outside of your loved one's home. Our caregivers teach their clients how to use of modern technology as part of our social program. We teach families how to utilize various social media platforms such as Facebook, FaceTime, and Skype to stay in touch and broaden their horizons.
According to the following studies:
- The Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center found that surfing the web may help to reduce depression by as much as 20%.
- At the University of Arizona, studies show that seniors who spend time on Facebook demonstrated an improvement of up to 25% in their working memory.
- In a study conducted by Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, seniors who spend time on applications like Facebook demonstrate a significant positive emotional experience. The study measured their breathing rates, pupil dilation, and brain stimulation.
Staying Up with the Times
Growing older does not mean you should not learn to use modern technology. In fact, once we show our clients how to use it to stay in touch with their friends and family, they enjoy the ability to talk to their loved ones on a regular basis. Many seniors believe they are not capable of learning to use many of the tools society uses on a daily basis. At Visiting Angels of Auburn, our caregivers have undergone training not only on how to use technology and social media but also on how train seniors to feel comfortable with it as part of our in home care in New Hampshire.
Our Caregivers Can Teach Their Elderly Clients How To:
- Use a cell phone to make calls, send pictures, and text.
- How to set up an email account, send and receive emails.
- How to use applications such as FaceTime and Skype to stay in touch with their families.
- How to set up and create a Facebook account and a personal page. How to use it to stay in touch with their family members, both by creating posts and using Facebook Messenger.
- How to use search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- How to create online accounts that let them shop for the things or information they need.
Be sure to ask about the many other special services our in home care in New Hampshire when contacting Visiting Angels of Auburn.
Serving Candia, Manchester, Bedford, Derry, Londonderry, Hooksett, Auburn, Raymond, Salem, Concord, Bow, Goffstown, Dunbarton, Weare & Suncook, NH
Visiting Angels AUBURN, NEW HAMPSHIRE14 Hooksett Rd
Auburn, NH 03032