Senior Care Services Include Fall Prevention
Did you know that the main reason elders without senior care services lose their independence is because of falls? Besides resulting in a physical injury, a trip or a slip can impact a senior socially and emotionally. Unfortunately, such an accident tends to drastically impact an individual's quality of life. Once someone has suffered an injury due to a fall, they often change their habits, opting to miss family functions, turning down social events, and avoiding leaving the house altogether. In the end, this behavior often leads to feelings of depression, sadness, social isolation, loneliness, and anxiety.
How Can Falling Down Be So Life-Changing?
- Every year in America, 1 in 3 elders fall down. Of those same individuals, 1 in 5 sustains serious injuries such as concussions, fractures, and broken hips.
- Older adults who fall are more likely to experience subsequent slips, trips, and falls.
- Over the course of a year, over 800,000 elders are hospitalized because of such incidences.
- In a long-term home care or assisted living facility with specialized senior care services, recovery can take as long as up to one year. However, many seniors who fall never return home.
The Risk Factors That Surround Falling
- Typically, many risk factors surround a senior and result in a fall.
- What exactly is a risk factor, you may wonder? It is something specific that raises the likelihood of an elder falling down.
- Frequently, risk factors are linked to the home environment, a medical problem or physical condition. For instance, some risk factors are: lack of assistance grab bars in the bath, dehydration, taking multiple medications, poor eyesight, and arthritis.
- How can falls be prevented? Simply put, by addressing and identifying risk factors quickly.
- To date, injury and fall prevention is a persistent challenge for elders and their families.
With our senior care services and fall prevention program, we are committed to assisting elders and their families through education. And, with the help of our in home care providers, we increase the quality of life for our clients by reducing falls.
Download Your Free Safe & Steady Fall Prevention Resource Guide today.
Serving Candia, Manchester, Bedford, Derry, Londonderry, Hooksett, Auburn, Raymond, Salem, Concord, Bow, Goffstown, Dunbarton, Weare & Suncook, NH
Visiting Angels Auburn, New Hampshire14 Hooksett Rd
Auburn, NH 03032
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.