How You Can Get the Most Out of Your Free In-Home Senior Care Assessment in Greater Auburn, NH
Visiting Angels Provides a Guide on How Families in Auburn, Manchester, Candia, and Surrounding Areas Can Benefit the Most from a Senior Care Assessment
At Visiting Angels of Auburn, we know that choosing senior care for your loved one can be difficult, confusing, and even overwhelming. There is so much to consider, like the cost of care, caregiver scheduling options, what services are provided, and if home care is the right choice for your loved one. That is why we offer free, in-home assessments to all our possible clients.
An in-home consultation is the best way to learn about our variety of senior care services and caregivers. This is a free consultation, no obligations required, provided by our expert care coordinators who can answer any questions you may have.
The Benefit of an In-Home Consultation
An assessment can help you learn about our senior care services offered at Visiting Angels of Auburn and allow you the chance to have your questions answered. These assessments also help our care coordinators become familiar with your loved one’s situation and their care requirements.
Before a consultation, make sure your loved one knows you are looking into hiring a caregiver. Seniors often have a difficult time with this, and your loved one may reject this idea. However, you must listen to their concerns and let them know that your primary concern is their health and well-being.
Think about the needs and preferences of your loved one before a consultation:
- What activities will they need assistance with?
- What time of day will they need assistance?
- Make a list of questions and concerns.
- Review your financial situation so you know what you can afford.
Discussion Topics During a Consultation
One of our experienced care coordinators will schedule an appointment with you and your loved one, then meet with you both at your loved one’s home. Care coordinators will discuss the personal needs and health care needs of your loved one. While talking about this may feel awkward for many seniors, our care coordinators will put your loved one’s mind at ease.
Care coordinators may also discuss:
- Personal care - If your loved one needs assistance with toileting, grooming, dressing, bathing, mobility, or fall prevention.
- Emotional care - What type of social interaction does your loved one enjoy? What are their hobbies and interests?
- Memory care - If your loved one needs reminders to eat, take medication, drink water, or be physically active.
- Companion care - If your loved one needs assistance with mild housework such as laundry, changing linens, cooking, light cleaning, or shopping.
- Other requests - If your loved one has dietary restrictions, meal preferences, or health conditions that have not already been addressed.
Our care coordinators will also take the time to discuss scheduling caregivers, and how caregivers can enter your loved one’s home safely. In addition, they will make sure to answer any questions about senior care you might have.
After the consultation, your care coordinator will take the information your loved one provided and create a care plan specifically designed for them. Your loved one’s care plan will be unique and will address their needs all within your budget.
Services can generally begin two full days after the consultation, however, there are instances where care can start on the same day.
If you live far away from your loved one, you can still participate in an in-home consultation by phone.
Schedule Your FREE, In-Home Assessment by Contacting Us Today
If you have been considering in home senior care for your loved one, give our agency a call at 603-838-3126 and ask to schedule your free, in-home assessment with one of our experienced care coordinators.
Serving Candia, Manchester, Bedford, Derry, Londonderry, Hooksett, Auburn, Raymond, Salem, Concord, Bow, Goffstown, Dunbarton, Weare & Suncook, NH
Visiting Angels AUBURN, NEW HAMPSHIRE14 Hooksett Rd
Auburn, NH 03032