How In Home Elder Care in Fernandina Can Help You Avoid Caregiver Burnout
Are you a caregiver for an aging loved one? Are you trying to split the task between yourself and your other family members? Is it becoming too much? As a licensed in home elder care agency serving seniors in and around Fernandina, FL, Visiting Angels® Jacksonville knows that caring for an aging family member can be both mentally draining and physically exhausting. It's a situation that's often not sustainable – and can even lead to your own health problems.
That's why, if you're noticing any or all of the following signs of caregiver burnout, it might be time to consider in home elder care for your Fernandina area loved one:
- You're physically exhausted and don't have the energy you once did. Fatigue gets to the point where it's overwhelming.
- You're having trouble with sleeping, whether not getting enough or sleeping too much.
- You're noticing serious fluctuations in your weight, whether from not eating enough or stress eating.
- You feel hopeless and have lost any sense of enjoyment in activities you once loved.
- You're withdrawing socially, away from family, friends, and other interests.
- You aren't taking care of your own physical or emotional needs; for instance, missing your own doctor's appointments or not resting when you're exhausted.
- You're starting to feel angry and resentful toward your loved one for the amount of care and attention you need to give them.
- You're getting sick more often, from colds and the flu, and you're having sharp mood swings.
- You're feeling like caregiving is controlling your life.
How Our Fernandina In Home Elder Care Agency Can Help
According to a study commissioned by the AARP, most Florida residents age 45 and older have experience as a family caregiver, or will likely be one in the future. At Visiting Angels Jacksonville, we know it's not an easy job for busy individuals – and we're here to help.
As a trusted in home elder care agency serving families in and around Fernandina, Visiting Angels Jacksonville can give your elderly loved one the exact right care and support they need through a personalized care plan. From help with bathing and dressing to meal preparation, medication reminders, and more, we can become a partner in your family member's care, relieving your burnout and stress in the process.
Help is just a call away at the Visiting Angels Jacksonville office. Our in home elder care services are available to families in Fernandina, Amelia Island, Fleming Island, Orange Park, Jacksonville, and the surrounding communities.
Serving Duval, Clay, and Nassau Counties
Visiting Angels Jacksonville, Florida4250 Lakeside Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32210
HCA232729 & HHA299994100
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.